Keyboard/trackpad non responsive after closing lid off, comes back if I detach and attach it

mrbriggs
mrbriggs Member Posts: 3 New User

Sorry if this is the wrong board for this, I'm assuming Aspire Switch 10 E is an S-series.

I have it for a week, upgraded to W10 and it's been working fine. There's one thing though: very frequently (not all the time), if I close the lid off and try to use it later, the whole keyboard attachment doesn't work. I have to remove and re-attach it from the screen to it to come back.

Is this a setting? Is this how it's supposed to be? Or is there a chance my unit might be defective?

Thanks everyone.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

No, sounds like issues with sleep mode and the drivers. Check in Device Manager first to see if there are issues with anything, then look at power settings for each of the USB devices. They are likely trying to stay on while asleep and getting confused or shutting down fully while in sleep mode and not waking when asked.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mrbriggs

I went on the Power Management of all USB items and checked off "allow this device to be turned off for saving energy"... that might have been it. Let's see. Thank you!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

Do let us know if it works!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mrbriggs

After a week I feel like the situation improved a lot but I still have the problem every now and then...