Is the R15 compatible with any stylus pen?

Kuriseru
Kuriseru Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I bought the R15 a few months ago, and was wondering if it were compatible with a stylus pen? like the acer active stylus pen. I like to draw and it'd be cool if it was compatible.

Answers

• It has a Active Matrix TFT Color LCD IPS touch display so, it should be compatable with a  active stylus.

Acer sells one

https://store.acer.com/en-us/np-sty1a-005

Do your research and read reviews because some of the cheaper ones will scratch the screen.

• realboy
    realboy Member Posts: 2 New User

I MADE AN ACCOUNT TO RESPOND AND SAVE EVERYONE THE TROUBLE AND HEARTACHE I THAT I WENT THROUGH IN ORDER TO FIND A STYLUS THAT WORKS!

I have tried capacitative stylus (dollar store one, Meko from Amazon, Amazon's own stylus) and active stylus (Acer's own active stylus, dell active stylus, Bamboo from BestBuy, Navitech from Amazon). All of this have failed but one. Most if they worked at all, would skip lines and create a row of dots when attempting to draw a straight line.

The one that works is Amazon's own capacitive stylus (squishy rubber at the end). Interestingly, it is a capacitative one that I tried at the beginning before buying and returning all the other ones. Due to frustration I decided to just angrily write on my laptop after all those pens failed and it worked.

You have to use more pressure than expected and be at a 90 degree angle. I can successfully draw and take notes this way!

My model is R5-571T 57Z0 (Acer Aspire 15.6 in 2-in-1 laptop)

Hope this helps! 

• Mamajane1234
    Mamajane1234 Member Posts: 1 New User
    realboy - which Amazon one - they have several "amazon basic" ones - the squishy tips are all a little different. Also wondering if it's still doing good.
  • KRivera7
    KRivera7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Does anybody know what stylus works with the acer aspire r15.  I have bought active stylus, battery operated stylus.  in total I have bought five and none work.  Before buying this laptop I saw it being reviewed on you tube and the person used a stylus and wrote on it.  Is it that there's an app that I have to download.  Help please.  I go to college and I bought this laptop so I would have to carry a notebook and books.
This discussion has been closed.