How to open my R5-571T-59DC to change out the hard drive

Systernthal
Systernthal Member Posts: 1 New User

Can anyone explain how to open my r5-571 to change out the hard drive for an SSD and upgrade the ram? Thanks very much for any help.

Best Answer

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Pretty sure the whole R series is similar, my R3 has twelve screws on the back. Once removed the back is pried off. Does not need much force. Connectors need back flipped up to remove. Cables are delicate so always be gentle.

ps there is a microswitch (interlock) under one of the two center screws. Machine will not turn on unless depressed so make sure screws are tight.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Pretty sure the whole R series is similar, my R3 has twelve screws on the back. Once removed the back is pried off. Does not need much force. Connectors need back flipped up to remove. Cables are delicate so always be gentle.

ps there is a microswitch (interlock) under one of the two center screws. Machine will not turn on unless depressed so make sure screws are tight.

• LePaul
    LePaul Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm glad I found this....it took a LOT of force to pry the bottom off, I was using plastic spacers I have used to repair a tablet screen a few weeks ago

I wish the screw for securing the m.2 drive in place was there, or included with the Samsung EVO 250 gb 

• senakos2004
    senakos2004 Member Posts: 1 New User

laptop contains hidden screws under the feet and other rubber elements?

• dak2014
    dak2014 Member Posts: 75 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

No, all the screws are visible and easy to unscrew.