How to keep the NumLock ON with F5-571T?

SylenThunder
SylenThunder Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Seriously, HOW?

There is NO option to set it in the UEFI.

I have tried every registry/Windows trick I am aware of. It lasts for about two reboots, and then the key is stuck back to the default of OFF.

Google search is absolutely no help at all with these units since no posts on the subject have a difinitive answer. All attempts to follow suggested fixes either do not apply to the laptop, or do not apply to Win 10.

I mean, for a laptop that actually has a numeric keypad, this has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Windows 10, sleep, and hibernation all seem to mess with numlock. One poster says disable the Launch Manager task in Task Manager and it's always on when he logs on... except if he lets it sleep, then it's off. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be anything to do.

• SylenThunder
    SylenThunder Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

So now it leaves the number lock on... Right up until I press that first number, then immediately turns it off. This has got to be the absolute stupidest thing ever. Even using an external keyboard the behaviour is the same.

So how do you contact Acer like for real?  Chat is some person in malaysia who doesn't know anything, and everything else is for warranty issues.  I'd like to talk to someone about getting a fix for the UEFI to allow the option that exists in 99% of other systems in the world.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Acer Inc./Customer service

1 (866) 695-2237

http://acer-customer-care-support-number.contacthelpnumber.info/