Force HDMI output - Aspire S3-951

Options
bejamartins
bejamartins Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Greetings,
My girlfriend lend me her Aspire S3. The PC is perfectly fine, except the fact the the screen is broken. It already broke twice (just by opening...), so we are not spending money on a third one.
So, what I want to do is to connect it to an external monitor through HDMI (and possibly remove the broken screen, since it has no use). I can do it in Windows, but not outside Windows (BIOS) and I'd like install Windows 8.1 or 10. So my question is: can I force output from boot into HDMI? If so how, if not, what alternatives do I have to install a new version o Windows without spending a small fortune?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

there's no settings on BIOS to force HDMI as first video output but honestly i don't know if having HDMI connected will force it automatically as primary monitor.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

there's no settings on BIOS to force HDMI as first video output but honestly i don't know if having HDMI connected will force it automatically as primary monitor.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

As Iron Fly said there is no option to force external display but You can try Fn+F5, once windows Boots to swap display from Internal to external,..
  • bejamartins
    bejamartins Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options

Seemed like the F2 keys is unresponsive as well. I just connected an external keyboard and manage to go to BIOS with it direclty through the HDMI connection without doing anything else.

• polka101
    polka101 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

i backward my intel driver for the sound for the monitor and with the old version i now have sound on my HDMI-tv.

• vinyanalista
    vinyanalista Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I know this thread is quite old, but recently I went through a similar problem, and I would like to share my solution, just in case anyone comes to this page (as I did) looking for help. Maybe I can help someone with my answer.

I have an Acer Aspire E 15 laptop. I managed to force it display its output to my HDMI monitor during boot by closing the lid right after pressing my laptop's power button. Then, my HDMI monitor showed the BIOS/UEFI splash screen.

More info here.