Find Windows Product Key (Acer Aspire R3-471T-54T1)

jakaria_sobuj
jakaria_sobuj Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I had Windows 8 when I purchased this laptop. I upgraded to Windows 10 later on. Recently, the laptop had been giving trouble when installing some Windows 10 update (specifically KB3172729). Right now, it won't boot Windows at all and I am looking to do a clean installation of Windows 10. The problem is I don't have the key. Is it possible to find out the key for either Windows 8/8.1/10?

Best Answer

• 1stevegough
    1stevegough Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓

a) it may be possible the OEM key is embedded in the system BIOS of the laptop which may register upon a clean installation of eitehr O/S. If you went withthe reload OF THE SAME PRODUCT VERSION as was shipped on your laptop, the registration should occur automatically

b) If you opted for another prodcut version that is an upgrade, if may pick up your key (from BIOS) as part of the upgrade process

c) If you can get the O/S to boot, even in 'safe mode' so you can get to a CMD prompt, you can run CMD as an administrator and enter the command:

wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

which will display the OEM key so you can keep for your records.

Answers

• 1stevegough
    1stevegough Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓

a) it may be possible the OEM key is embedded in the system BIOS of the laptop which may register upon a clean installation of eitehr O/S. If you went withthe reload OF THE SAME PRODUCT VERSION as was shipped on your laptop, the registration should occur automatically

b) If you opted for another prodcut version that is an upgrade, if may pick up your key (from BIOS) as part of the upgrade process

c) If you can get the O/S to boot, even in 'safe mode' so you can get to a CMD prompt, you can run CMD as an administrator and enter the command:

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Can also use a third party program, Nirsoft has one.

• jakaria_sobuj

I needed to do a fresh installation of the OS to get it to boot. After this, I used ProduKey from NirSoft to get my key. I have saved it this time, though. :-) (As a matter of fact, I found out that the key is actually saved in the BIOS, from where a fresh installation can pull it while activation). Anyway, thanks!

• jakaria_sobuj

You are right, and saved my day! Thanks a lot!

It was messed up so badly that it would not even boot in safe mode. I needed to do a fresh installation of the originally shipped OS (Windows 8.1). When I tried to activate it, it grabbed it automatically from the BIOS. After this, I contacted Microsoft Help Desk. They told me to upgrade to Windows 10, and told me that if required, they would help regarding a free activation. I upgraded and voila, it was already activated.

Thanks again!

• Chrisnolen
    Chrisnolen Member Posts: 2 New User
  • NARENDRAKUMAR
    NARENDRAKUMAR Member Posts: 1 New User

SEND PRODUCT KEY PLEASE

• Chrisnolen
    Chrisnolen Member Posts: 2 New User
    What is the windows product key
  • DexyStorm
    DexyStorm Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks!!!! It helped me!