Error code oxc000000d acer aspire R14 error code oxc000000d

jerpaw
jerpaw Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Boot configuration data file is missing some required information

File   BCD

Error Code oxc000000d

Any fixes for this? Computer wont start up. Worked fine this morning. Got this message this afternoon.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

First of all try to check if ALT+F10 at boot take you to windows recovery and you can reach command prompt from there:
    troubleshoot-advanced options- command prompt (if this works, go to point 4, if not point 1)

1. create a vanilla Windows 8.1 installation media from this link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

2. Once you boot using the Windows installation disc, on the Windows 8.x installation window, click on Repair your computer.

3. Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options. First thing you may try is the Automatic Repair.

4. If that does not help, then select Command Prompt. Enter the following four commands into the prompt.
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd
    Once the command completes, restart the computer.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

If you have your F-12 Boot select enabled in bios, boot from a Windows disk and select "Repair my computer". Find fix boot and click it. If that doesn't fix it, tap F-10 at boot and see if Recovery starts. Select Refresh saving files.

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

First of all try to check if ALT+F10 at boot take you to windows recovery and you can reach command prompt from there:
    troubleshoot-advanced options- command prompt (if this works, go to point 4, if not point 1)

1. create a vanilla Windows 8.1 installation media from this link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

2. Once you boot using the Windows installation disc, on the Windows 8.x installation window, click on Repair your computer.

3. Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options. First thing you may try is the Automatic Repair.

4. If that does not help, then select Command Prompt. Enter the following four commands into the prompt.
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd
    Once the command completes, restart the computer.

• mhtran
    mhtran Member Posts: 3 New User

I have same error code oxc000000d on my Aspire M5.

I try all option from hit F12, Alt+F10, A;t+F9, using external key board, hold pwer button to shut down  etc ...none of those try do any thing with my blue screen error,

Please advice what is problems & what should I do?

Thx

Mike

• IronFly

follow exactly my instructions, you need to boot from a windows 8.1 bootable media

• mhtran
    mhtran Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi Kudo:

It didn't work ...

but I found bottom of laptop have a tiny hole for "reset" I used paper clip push & hold for 2 min. then everything start recovery ....BUT still a problems that on last process disc "lagnguage" & my laptop restart the turn off by it self and now it is totally DEAD no power, screen is black, ...What was happen...I hit power buttom btu nothing happen

Is any advice?

Thx

Mike