Can't open SD reader slot

rockystonecat53
rockystonecat53 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

My problem is that I can't pop the SD reader slot open.  I have an Acer Aspire S7. I have spent all day looking for help.  I cannot push it in. And I don't want to pry it out.  My Acer has been sent to the repair shop 3 times within a year.  Keyboard issues.  I am gettiing frustrated.

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

rockystonecat53,

I am not fully understanding the problem. Are you trying to remove your SD card or the dummy card that comes installed to protect the slot from dust? If you are referring to the dummy card I was able to remove the one in our S7 easily using my finger nail and pulling the bottom of the card and pulled it out without any resistance.

If you are trying to remove a personal SD card then you should be able to pull it out with little resistance. The fit is snug but not to the point it should feel stuck.

• ManRayHop
    ManRayHop Member Posts: 2 New User

It doesnt open it pops out and then you need to find a card to fit inside the tiny slot. The S7 has the smallest sd port known to man its tiny 24x32mm (32 long) the sd port in this little guy is only 14mm leaving 18mm of sd card hanging out.  I wanted to use this port as and onboard additional storage port Like mac users do with Nifty MiniDrives.  But none would fit a couple days ago I found a company called theminidrive that makes a 14mm microSD card adapter called the NANO that is exactly this size. They say its the smallest in the world they also have a NANO 128GB SDcard that they say is the worlds smallest at 128GB its 15mm.  I got the adapter and a fast Samsung 64gb card and it works great and is flush.   If anyone is looking for a solution this is the best one I have been able to find.

hope this helps someone.  

• BrownshoeSailor
    BrownshoeSailor Member Posts: 13 New User

I just got a V15 Nitro black edition  -  the dummy card was wedged in so tight I had to use a pair of micro needle nose to grab it and pop it out.  SD cards now go in and out OK, but somebody really wedged that dummy in there  -  bad QC!

• Velli
    Velli Member Posts: 1 New User

Dear Community,

I have the same issue with my SD dummy tray after giving my laptop to the acer service.

I guess the Acer service pushed the dummy tray to badly into the slot, that I cannot open it any more :-(

Any recommendation how to fix that?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards

Steffen

• suprnova
    suprnova Member Posts: 6 New User

Same problem here...

• suprnova
    suprnova Member Posts: 6 New User

Solved! The dummy card should be pulled out not pressed in.

• Faizal_S
    Faizal_S Member Posts: 1 New User

I have V-Nitro with similar problem. Manage to pull it out using my finger nail....pull it from the bottom

• VoxCLaMantis
    VoxCLaMantis Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited September 2018
    I have not yet seen a solution here to my problem.  I have an Acer Aspire R7-371T in which the SD card reader or dummy card (looks like a reader, because it has some kind of cover flush with the side of the laptop, not just a slot with something protruding from it) neither (a) pushes in and pops out nor (b) comes out when grabbed at the bottom with a fingernail--at least, not when almost enough force to break the plastic is applied.