Bought Aspire R11 (R3-131T-P73T) 1 month ago - suddenly not charging?

maggywaggles
maggywaggles Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought an Acer Aspire R11 (R3-131T-P73T) about a month ago, (runs on Windows 10) and today when it was plugged in to charge (and left all day to do so), I realised it was not charging. It was on 8% bettery when it started charging and had not charged one bit, even though when I turned it on, it said that it was plugged in & charging. I stopped charging it for about a minute to let it go down to 7% to try again, but when I plugged it again the battery percentage did not go up at all. This happened very suddenly, as all other times when it needed to be charged, I have had no problems with it, so this is quite confusing.

What do I do? I noticed previous discussions about earlier models, is there a similar way to fix this?

Please help, and thankyou in advance if you have a solution.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

I have a very similar model (-P344) and first make sure the charger is putting out at least 19vdc. They have been known to fail.

Second download a file called BatteryInfoView from Nirsoft and when plugged in see what it says particulary the charging voltage (my R3 shows 17.450), battery capacity (mine is around 31,000 mWh), current capacity, charge/discharge rate, and power state.

This is now my preferred travel unit though has been hotrodded with 8GB memory and an SSD. It is a lot faster than it looks.