Aspire R3-131T Webpages hang...

vinniemac
vinniemac Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Hi,

My model is: Aspire R3-131T Pentium N3700 Model with 240GB SSD and 8GB DDR3L RAM. Windows 10 x64 10586.446

Internet Connectivity: Intel AC-8260 2X2 867Mbps M.2 Card and an 80/20 Fibre connection running from a Netgear R8500 Router.

Efficient for every day tasks you may think...

Before I explain the problem I have updated the audio driver as well as all other drivers so this isnt related to the touchpad 'stutter' caused by the FMAPP App process running.

My problem is:

When I load websites, say speedtest.net is one of them and also msn.uk that has quite a bit to load on the webpage. Another was the Le Mans webpage that I was using over the weekend to track the 24hr race but I gave up with this one because it was hanging.

The issue is that the webpages seemingly hang when loading, that is if you try to scroll using the touchpad you just get the windows aero loading icon and if your lucky a 'Page Not Responding'.

However

If you make use of the touchscreen functionality you can actually scroll the web pages instantly.

There seems to be a real issue with the touchpad on this unit, I've actually replaced the touchpad and motherboard since having the unit but the problem persists. It is not just limited to websites either. If I open a folder with loats of files in or folders and try to scroll with the touchpad it hangs again but if I use the touchscreen I do not get the problem.

My touchpad drivers are up to date and I even went as far as obtaining the latest ELAN I2C Drivers from Windows Update Catalogue 13.6.5.2

There seems to be some significant delay between the touchpad input and the system recognising that input. That is to say I am clicking the scroll bar in Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Chrome for example and can be up to a minute before the system catches up and sends the scroll bar right to the bottom of the page I was reading.

If I am using the touchscreen functionality, the system instantly recognises that input and sends me to where I want to be.

This is definitely a touchpad issue, whether it can be corrected by a bios update I do not know. I have not Disabled the Advanced touchpad I2C functionality in the BIOS as doing so means I cannot use the touchpad at all and windows wont load basic drivers for it.

It isn't uncommon for such a new notebook to have these teething troubles but it is annoying, especially when trying to proof large word documents or spreadsheets using the touchpad.

Cheers

Vince