Acer One 10 S1002

CharmaineWho
CharmaineWho Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

My built-in hdd/keyboard keeps connecting and disconnecting from my tab. It's very annoying especially that all of my files are in the hdd. I've already updated everything: the BIOS, Firmware, drivers, etc. Still, it connects and disconnects, and it has been doing so for months now and it is really really annoying. As far as I know, I don't have any hardware problem. Everything's intact. I don't know what to do anymore. Help, please!

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Sorry, but if you have already updated drivers, bios, and FW, my only real suggestion would be to look into hardware repair. We would suggest contacting technical support in your region for further assistance with this issue.
    Acer Service and Support

• CharmaineWho
    Actually, I wasn't able to update everything 100% because the Platform Drivers I downloaded from the Acer site won't install. However, I make sure that my system is up-to date. I manually update the drivers in the Driver Manager. I don't have a hardware problem. What driver is responsible for the connection between the tab and the HDD/keyboard? Can you please give me the solutions you had in mind regardless of the steps I took?
  • Blayn-Acer

What operating system are you running on the computer? Is it the operating system we shipped on the computer, or have you loaded your own OS? I am not sure exactly what driver controls this function on the system. If downloading drivers from our website doesn't fix it, my only suggestion would be to completely restore the system to factory settings using recovery media. If it still is not working after that, the next option would be service. Sorry, but other than downloading drivers from our site or loading Acer recovery media, I don't have any other suggestions for troubleshooting.

• CharmaineWho

Yes. The OS is the original one from the device. I already tried resetting the system to its factory settings. However, as I've said, I can't install the Platform Drivers provided by Acer in the drivers website. It always ends up with this error message...

screeenshot (32).png

• Blayn-Acer

If you use recovery software to restore to factory settings, no driver updates should be needed. Everything should be working as soon as the software installation is complete. If it is not, the only suggestion I have is repair.

• CharmaineWho

Could it be possible that it is because of a virus/malware in the drive? Are there any guarantee that if I reformat it, it might be solved?

• Blayn-Acer

Recovery/reformatting will remove any virus or malware on your system, so it should fix this issue.

• CharmaineWho

So you're saying formatting my hdd could fix the issue? Cause apparently, I've tried safely removing the hard drive from the system and my keyboard and touchpad works just fine.

• Blayn-Acer

It may resolve the issue, but may not. The only way to tell would be to try it. If it does not fix it, then the only option at that point would be repair.

• mandala
    mandala Member Posts: 2 New User

I have same problem with my One 10 Windows 8.1, there are trouble with dock keyboard. Few buttons pressed itself. When I open browser, it's reload automatically. (I think there is error on F5 button)

• Ina-Oprisi
    Ina-Oprisi Member Posts: 1 New User

Have you found a solution to your problem? I have the same exact issue. I thought it might be a physical issue with the docking pins, but the keyboard works fine in BIOS mode, no matter how much I move it. So it must be a driver issue, I thinnk... but which driver? If you have had any breakthrough, please share. Thank you very much.

• CharmaineWho

I still haven't resolved this issue. It's become the single most annoying thing in my life, almost. You're right. Keyboard works fine so I believe it's not a hardware issue. I have the ST500LT0 12-1DG142 USB device and the Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host controler (1.0) Microsoft USB Controller. TBH I'm not sure what driver is responsible for this. I'm trying to transfer my files from my keyboard HDD to an external drive and reformat my HDD if it is indeed a malware problem. But even now, whenever I connect my external drive to the USB port, it disconnects everything from the tab so I have to transfer files via Homenetwork (sucks cuz the speed is just like 2-3MB tops and I have 500GB worth of files). Although, I am not sure if this would work so this is a big risk cuz if it doesn't, then I have to painfully transfer my files again via network file sharing.

How about you, have you solved it by now? What measures are you taking? It would really be awesome if you have the answer already.

• walid
    walid Member Posts: 13 New User

hi i hope u find solition of this prob send me driver if u have i have same prob thanks

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

If a system of mine did that, I'd probably remove the drive and mount as a slave on a desktop for backup and checkout. Have detected/cleaned difficult malware that way before.

BTW it looks like the S1002 dock has a SEAGATE/ST500LT012-1DG142 which is a standard SATA drive.

ps are you sure your power supply is acting properly ?

• walid

i have prob with audio is out alone plz help

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Look in Control Panel>Sound>Playback and make sure the proper device is selected.  If a sound is playing should see in the bar graph on right.Then click on the device>Properties>General and make sure the driver is working properly. Finally click on the speaker in the tray and make sure it is at 100% and not muted.

• walid

hi is working normale but is go out alone when i restart my device i hope samone give me the platforme working buc in site of acer driver no working