Acer Laptop Need Help with Keyboard

DjinnWraith
DjinnWraith Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello community new here. I need your guys help please. This is my Acer Laptop its a 2 in 1.

When i flip the screen all the way over it gives me an option to go into tablet mode. I choose no

because instead of actually using it as a tablet im gonna flip it over and lay it on the screen to just

use the keyboard with my external monitor but for some reason when its flipped it wont insert any

keyboard input at all when im using it. It's like a Dead keyboard when I have it "Not in tablet mode but

flipped all the way over like a tablet". Hope you guys understand what im saying if not I could make a short

video I suppose, anyway thanks in advance!

-DjinnWraith

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

you welcome, by the way, don't give up; i sent a private message to him, so maybe you can join forces.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

it works as expected, another ACE is still trying to find a solution on this thing.

• DjinnWraith
    DjinnWraith Member Posts: 2 New User

Ah, that sucks lol. Thanks for the quick reply.

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

you welcome, by the way, don't give up; i sent a private message to him, so maybe you can join forces.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

I ran into this a while ago and submitted an idea but am not sure Acer understands what we are talking about.

Have alswo been asking on the Microsoft forum but no one seems to knw what the issue is (get "reinstall drivers" when I think it is acting as designed.

I just got back from a trip so has been on a back burner but think it is time to seach the registry, there is likely a switch that has the word "tablet" somewhere. Evidently the tablet on/off in settings is being ignored.