Acer Aspire keeps going to limited wifi connectivity

boaker66
boaker66 Member Posts: 7 New User

Acer Aspire windows 10 and just bought at Christmas keeps going to limited wifi connectivity. Will work for a couple days and then fail again. This has happened on multiple different wifi networks where multiple others devices have worked and continue to work for years. Need help badly 

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

boaker66.

If you post your complete computer model number and also post which operating system orginally came with your computer, you might get more responses.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • boaker66

Sorry I kind of assumed that maybe i wasnt only one exact model that would have had this problem ever. Here is the model number I think. S1002-12V2. Windows 10.

• JordanB

You could try to re-install the Realtek wireless driver.  Also, check Acer Care Center app on your computer to see if there is an updated BIOS (firmware)

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

S1002

Operating System

Windows® 10 32-bitWindows® 8.1 64-bitWindows® 8.1 32-bit
    Need to know the hardware on your system to choose the right drivers?
    Category Vendor Description Version Size Date  
    BluetoothRealtekBluetooth Driver1.0.126.228.9 MB2015/09/16Download
    G SensorKionixG Sensor Driver1.0.0.1875.0 KB2015/09/16Download
    Platform DriversIntelPlatform Drivers Installer1.0.0.106481.9 MB2015/09/18Download
    Platform DriversIntelPlatform Drivers Installer1.0.0.106481.9 MB2015/09/16Download
    Wireless LANRealtekWireless LAN Driver3008.11.0515.201538.9 MB2015/09/16Download
  • boaker66

I actually rolled the driver back and that seemed to get it working. However Ill have to monitor it for a few days as it seemed to drop out randomly after a couple days before.

• boaker66

Well that didnt work. Worked for a couple days. First time it went to limited again I turned on ariplane mode and back off and the wifi came back again. Now that doesnt even work. This is garbage.

• JordanB

It's not clear what you've tried so far.  Did you try to re-install the driver like I suggested and check for a BIOS update?

I'm not sure why you chose to use rollback instead of following my suggestions.

• boaker66

Well for one your suggestion requires the computer to have internet access. Which is my whole problem. It cant check for an update without wifi access. So when I go into the ACER app like you suggested it says nothing available. Connect to internet and try again. So therefore the rolled the driver back because its all I could do. That is basically All I have tried. Once I rolled the driver back and got internet access I looked for updates using the ACER App and there was no updates. So from your sugesstion I dont know how I was suppose to re-install the driver.

What Ive done is rolled the driver back. That is it. Any other suggestion. No BIOS update available.

• JordanB

So you couldn't use a different computer and download the driver to a USB flash drive?  Hmmm.

• JordanB

Or plug your computer in to the router with an ethernet cable.

• boaker66

My other computer is an ipad. No usb port that I can see. Please send a picture of where I can find that on my ipad.

• JordanB

Plug your laptop in to the router with an ethernet cable.....so you can have internet and try my suggestions.  Good luck.

• boaker66

Honestly if rolling the driver back (which would be a new clean install of an older version) doesnt work I dont see a clean install of a version 1 month later working. I highly doubt the updated driver was for this exact problem. The problem is lying with 2 driver versions. Which means its probably a totally seperate issue. Thanks for your help (although arrogantly) but any different idea would be appreciated. 

• bambam207
    bambam207 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have two r13.  One from a yr ago which connects to wifi great, instantly when i open it, and holds it well.

I bought a newer one in december, and it kept getting 'limited connectivity'  very very annyoing.  acer support was useless( uninstall wifi card in device manager, reinstall to get updated driver) - didnt work, ...i returned the computer to costco.

i think acer uses a differenet internal wifi card now compared to one year ago, and it is not as good in my experience...

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

To find which network adapter you have, you can open MSINFO32 and on the left go to Components>Network>Adapters then scroll to Wireless.