Acer Aspire S7-392 problem with Miracast on Windows 10

Options
vadimkantorov
vadimkantorov Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi,

My Acer S7-392 running Windows 10 fails to connect to my Celluon PicoPro projector. I blame it's the PC's fault, because my Lumia 950 phone connects to the projector just fine. A few months ago the PC used to connect fine as well (maybe some drivers got automatically updated since then).

The projector is discovered, but the connection cannot be established, sometimes the laptop thinks it's connected, but the projector shows that an error occurred during connection (no error message is provided), sometimes it displays "Couldn't connect" in the Connect charm.

The laptop has latest Intel network and graphics drivers, both released in 2016. "netsh wlan show driver" shows that wireless displays are fully supported by both network and graphics drivers.

Has anybody experienced same issue? Does anyone know versions of the drivers that are proved to work?

Thanks!

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Are you connecting the projector and powering it on before you start the laptop?

• vadimkantorov
    Options

Tried both. It's a wireless projector, "connecting" happens when I command the laptop to do so. Sorry, I'm not sure I get your question completely.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

I saw a page that said that's how you should connect a projector. It was for a wired projector.

If you're trying to connect to the Laptop and the home network, don't you need to put the Wifi password in the projector? Usually when I have a device that says "could not connect" it's the password.

Were you running Win 10 when it used to connect?

• vadimkantorov
    Options

Yes, it was running Windows 10 as well, I guess some drivers got automatically updated. Unfortunately, I don't know how to recover which drivers exactly the machine was running end of January.

It is using https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracast to connect, I'm not an expert on this technology and do not know exactly how it operates on the network level, but my phone running Windows 10 for Phones connects to this wireless projector just fine. Passwords are nothing to do in this case AFAIK, it uses some sort of WiFi's P2P regime, I don't need to make the projector join the network.