Acer Aspire R7-371-T and Window 10 Update problems

styler002
styler002 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

It seems that my Bitlocker drive encryption service, window installers, windows update, background intelligent transfer service, cryptographic services keep stopping. I never have any updates for windows or Acer. I do realize that there are not update every day. However, i never show an update at all. My Acer Aspire R7-371-T is not detecting updates or something. I went to Microsoft support and they remotely reinstalled Windows 10 and there was over 10 updates, unfortunately after that it was back to no updates again. 

I am so sick of having to reinstall and then get all my apps back and whatever else was deleted from having to do a reinstall of win10.

Plus when i went and posted my issue (like I am doing now here) the replys I have gotten make me feel as if I am crazy or stupid.

Can someone please help me? 

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Unless you need it, first thing I would do is to decrypt the drive and remove BitLocker, it has been known to cause problems.

• styler002

Tinkerer

Can you please explain. I do not know how to perform the steps for that process. Where would I find directions to do that?

• padgett

Control Panel> Bitlocker Drive Encryption. Turn Bitlocker Off.

• styler002

Tinkerer

Ok, this is the point were I feel really stupid, I followed your instructions.

control panel

Bitlocker drive encryption

it only asks if i want to search the web

I cant find it anywhere other than the system services and go into properties, from there i can disable it.

What am i not doing correctly?

• padgett

Are you certain you have Bitlocker ? It is not included with the Home edition. From your question I assumed you had the Pro or Enterprise edition.

Can try this:

• Sign in to Windows with an administrator account.
    • Go to Start, run, enter "encryption", and select "Change device encryption settings" from the list of results.
    • Select Manage BitLocker

If that gives an error or a web page then you do not have Bitlocker running.

ps Bitlocker does show up in the SERVICES list but should be STOPPED/MANUAL

• styler002

Tinkerer

I did as you said. I had to go into servies and change bitlockers to stopped/manual. Can you tell me what those services should me set at?

• padgett

That is fine and if the machine is accessible after turning it off, the disk was not encrypted. Sounds like you have the Home version of Windows and not the Professional.

It does not appear the Service has any function without the application and that is included with Win 10 Professional and Enterprise.

• styler002

Tinkerer

Thank you!!!!

I have been (None stop) having the EXACT SAME issues! When i tried to ask Microsoft for help I received EXACTLY the same treatment. They even went so far as to say i was not expressing my problems correctly, telling them what i needed help with, or what the main issue was. I felt as if I was absolutely ignorant.

I have, and they have, reinstalled and reset  OneDrive, Office, Windows Store, Windows Update, and Windows 10 (Everything possible, I think). I am so sick of having to reinstall all my software and apps, i have finally just given up.

I want to thank you for your post. The issues and Microsoft had me thinking i was crazy and imagining the problems.