Acer Aspire R5-571TG Fan Issue

appple
appple Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello. About two weeks ago I purchased an Acer Aspire R5-571TG laptop and while everything has been running great, the fan has been extremely active and loud. 

Either idle, watching youtube videos or just working on Microsoft office, the fan will start running extremely loudly. I don't run any difficult programs and since it's a new laptop it's not loaded with anything at all, and I haven't downloaded any sort of program which messes with the OS. When I've checked the Processes, typically the CPU is in the normal percentile and the laptop itself doesn't feel extremely warm. I'm not sure if this is a technical problem or if I maybe have to disable a driver or something? 

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

We are not aware of a driver that would cause this. Excessive fan noise is generally a hardware issue that will require service to resolve. I suggest you contact support from the info posted at http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact. At least the repair techs can check and make sure the fan is running as it should and if there is a problem with it, they can address it at that time.

• jimlop
    jimlop Member Posts: 2 New User

I also have an issue where my fan runs continuously, even though I am only web browsing and not taxing the graphics at all. It runs my battery dead and I never acheive the 8 hour battery life advertised.  Did they ever figure out what made the fan run all the time?

• genous
    genous Member Posts: 8 New User

tbh I think it has something to do with the heat sink on the processor. The heat fluctuates like crazy when you do anything.