Acer Aspire R3-131T BIOS v1.13 Link not working?

vinniemac
vinniemac Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Hi,

Is there any of the Acer tech team that could possibly investigate the download link for BIOS v1.13 for the Acer Aspire R3-131T. I am currently getting a '404 Page not Found'.

New BIOS was posted a couple of days ago...

Cheers

Vince

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    I apologize. You are indeed correct. The file looks like it was removed for some reason. I have sent an email to have the file republished, so it should be available again early next week. I am sending you a PM with a link to the file, so you don't have to wait anymore.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i think it's a temporary issue on download servers, since V1.12 too is very slow or with 504 bad gateway error.

i highlight the issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Blayn-Acer

Good guess IronFly. We are working on a server issue at this time. Please check back in an hour or two.

• vinniemac

Tinkerer

Thank you both for your replies. I'll try again a little later to see if the server issue has been resolved.

v1.12 Link seems fine, I already have this version loaded on my R3-131T but thought I would download as a test of the link.

It almost seems like the v1.13 file is not there at all.

Cheers

• vinniemac

Tinkerer

Hi,

No change with the link. Still a 404 page cannot be found.

I think it is more likely that the file does not exist, has been pulled or simply not uploaded yet or maybe even linked to the wrong file name.

All the other firmware files download correctly and don't suffer from slow download speeds so the server issue appears to have been fixed.

Any way of checkking the actual 1.13 firmware file to check that all is in order and it has been uploaded/linked correctly on to the server?

Cheers

Vince

• Blayn-Acer
    Answer ✓
    I apologize. You are indeed correct. The file looks like it was removed for some reason. I have sent an email to have the file republished, so it should be available again early next week. I am sending you a PM with a link to the file, so you don't have to wait anymore.
  • vinniemac

Tinkerer

Many thanks and much appreciated.

Have downloaded and applied the BIOS.

Thanks once again,

Vince

• Blayn-Acer
    Glad we were able to help. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.