Acer Aspire R15: Left side hinge is stuck at a 180 degree angle.

MrsHippy
MrsHippy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello,

I bought an Acer Aspire R15 with Windows 10 from Best Buy in mid-June 2016. I just noticed today that the left side hinge is stuck at a 180 degree angle, so that my screen looks lopsided. (I think I have once, just to see that it really will do this, turned it into tablet mode from laptop mode, and back again, so it isn't as though I have been swinging it around willy-nilly!)

Anyway, I have tried to free it up but daren't apply pressure as I am afraid of breaking the case, or the display, or the hinge itself!

Any ideas, anyone out there? Please?

Thanks in advance! 

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Hi, It is unfortunate to hear about the issues you're having with your case and opening the lid to your laptop. I would recommend having the machine serviced.

I can assure you that a far larger portion of Acer laptops do not have this issue. A lot of research, time and developement go into the area around the hinges to minimize issues, but laptops have had these issues for 20+ years. The hinge is a common component that produces a lot of stress. While we do measure ourselves to others, a quick google search replacing Acer for another manufacture is sure to produce the same results.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • bee97
    bee97 Member Posts: 8 New User
    I also have the same problem since 3 months. Now it's getting worst from few days. I can't even turn it 180 degrees, because the lid is getting sloped to one side and stucked. I live in Sri Lanka and Acer aspire R15 can't be bought from Sri Lanka. But my laptop  was bought newly from USA and I got this as a present from one of my relation who lives in USA. As a university student this matter bother of my studies. I haven't used this at least one year. How can I make this fix and how can I apply for the warranty from Sri Lanka? Please help me to solve this.