A problem occured while creating the recovery drive.

HusamN34
HusamN34 Member Posts: 16 New User

Guys this is driving me crazy! Smiley Frustrated

I'm trying to create a recovery drive for my Acer Aspire R3-131T with OEM Windows 10

I tried using different USB drives, all are 16GB or above. And I just keep getting the "A problem occured while creating the recovery drive." error all the time.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

I'd check the drive for defects. Think the first thing it does is to reformat the drive.

Shouldn't happen with multiple drives though. I'd try doing a full (not quick) reformat to FAT32 and see what happens.

• HusamN34

Yes i did try to format it, i also have bunch of the same USB brands, one worked on my other Acer machine that has Windows 8 and did a successful recovery drive.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

You could always backup your important personal files and then reset the computer to factory condition.  Then try to create a recovery drive.  That will help you rule out software problem.

However, in some cases, certain USB flash drives don't work for whatever reason.  I would probably try a factory reset/restore first.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29934/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDY5MDczNzc5L3NpZC9fOVV0YTJXbQ%3D%3D

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Are you able to create a System Image ?

• HusamN34

After so many retries, it worked all of the sudden, with the same USB i kept trying on.

I have read on some forum that they kept retrying until it worked eventually.