c drive full RL85

Options
Densw12
Densw12 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi I have the Acer RL85 it now tells me the C drive is full although I have a D drive with 2TB which is empty how can I use the D drive please instead of the c?

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi Densw12,

There are a couple of ways you can use the D drive. If you have videos, music, pictures ect... you can copy those over to the D drive directly. You can create folders and get as organized as you want (or don't want to in my case Smiley Wink)

When you install an application you can, if you want, install it on the D drive. The application will generally give you the option of where you want to save it.

Finally, if you're downloading a lot of stuff from web browsers or 3rd party applications, they will provide you with a setting of where the default location is. You  may want to change that to a location on the D drive.

Hope this helps,
    Cory

• Densw12
    Densw12 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi  the prboble is the C drive is on 55gb  and it has the windows operating system on it. I cant back up my iphone or do anything as the c drive is  full  although the D drive is empty and has 2TB I understand about puting things on the D drive does this eanI have to put things like one drive and itunes onto the d Drive is so how can I set the d drive up as default drive please?

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

There isn't an answer that covers all situations because every application determines where it stores data. I don't use itunes myself, but this FAQ I found on their website looks to be what you need. Many other products will be similiar in their approach.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH12365?locale=en_US

Hope this helps,
    Cory