Revo one rl85 normal with whistle noice?

Options
Ray1980
Ray1980 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

Hi.

Just got my new Revo rl85 with i3 1.7 4gb ram and 128gb ssd and i have a quick question about noice from it.

I just got it on and i hear a low whistle sound from it, its annoying and i hear it because its stand on my table next to the screen and keyboard.

It is low, but its also a bit high so you could hear it easy if its quiet in the room but just the click from the keyboard almost remove it so you almost only hear clicking noice from keyboard, but when its all quiet when i not typing i hear the whistle sound.

Only the sound of keyboard surpasses the sound so you not hear the whistle so good when you hear the click of the keyboard, if you know what I mean.

The sound is not constant but almost, it goes quickly up and down up and down, a bit like sound of whistling.

If this is normal then it's okay, but was in doubt whether it is normal?
Should we hear anything else a slight blow sound from this machine?

Happy for some answers Smiley Happy

Answers

• Ray1980
    Options

Here is a YouTube video of the sound 

http://youtu.be/TH_7gEQYcUo

if you turn up the sound to mutch then its mutch higher than it is in real. But you hear what i mean here.

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer
    Options

I Helped setup a friends RL85-UR52 and my first thought it was a nice little machine and great for where they put it. After setting up Kodi, a few other apps and looking over a few games the family liked to play. He said it would do just great for what they bought it for... I don't know that it was very loud, It could be that it was as loud as yours and you just have things that are quite around you. When we set it up it was turned on at the top of the Hutch and back behind the some speakers that the RL85 was smaller then. Smiley Happy 

Talking with him after seeing your post I asked him what he thought about the sounds it makes or has made and he thought it was almost like it wasn't there..., He says only time he has heard it is when the family is gone and he first turns it on if there is nothing else running. If his space heater is running he said he can't even hear it. However once the Netflix or something else is playing he forgets it is even there again. 

About it being acceptable or not I would say that would have to be up to you and where you will place it. 

James

• Ray1980
    Options
    Hi James Smiley Happy

Thank you for asking about this for me!
    The noise is not high and if i have very low music on the sound is not in the way. But if it quiet in the rom i hear it because i sit around a meter or less from it.
    I have had a few laptops and tower PC before but not had this low whistle sound before, but i guess it nothing wrong with the Acer revo? If you hear on the YouTube video i post you hear what i mean, but PC fans sure make different noise? If it normal it would not bother me.

The pc is very fast! My first ssd pc Smiley Happy