Revo One RL85 Frozen at Log In Screen

gubgub
gubgub Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

HELP! My PC is frozen on the log in screen (but I cannot access the Password box). It was fine when I turned it off two nights ago but since yesterday I cannot get past the screen in the picture. I have been fighting this for hours and have turned the machine off and on multiple times but cannot get past this screen. I have disconnected all external devices apart from the keyboard but that doesn't help. I know the PC is working ok in the background as I can access the content files and stream music from it wirelessly via my network on my laptop but I cannot get to anything on the PC itself. It seems to me that it is a problem specifically with the boot up/login process.

I have tried opening in Safe mode but it won't let me. I have also tried booting from a USB stick but it won't do that either. I suspect that it is not seeing anything connected to the USB ports as the mouse is also not visible.

Any ideas? I am, as I say, desperate as this is my main PC containing all my music, emails, concert tickets etc. I think it is still under warranty as it is less than 2 years old (can anyone confirm?)  but, foolishly, the e-receipt is on the device itself and I can't get at it!

rsz_1dsc_0008.jpg