Revo Build M1-601 How to update the bios if you have an L version

Natchi
Natchi Member Posts: 2 New User

This is just a how to for the folks out there with an L version machine.

a normal

There are in fact two bios versions for the revo build, a normal version and an L version. This is visible by looking at your bios menu or using a program such as speccy to see motherboard details.

The bios initially provided by Acer on the download page will fail when tried on an L Bios version, stating its not the right version.

To download the correct version for an L bios version go to the acer driver download page as normal for the m1-601, but insteade of looking at just the latest versions, change the search (box RHS just above listing) to all. Another bios will appear, the description is the same, but the key is it has and L in its file name. 

When downloaded and expanded you will need to follow the instructions to flash under DOS, by creating your own boot disk (I used RUFUS to create mine). It flashes with no problems at all

Took me a while to figure this out, as Acer has done a great job at hiding the bios listing

Answers

• martinkontur
    martinkontur Member Posts: 1 New User

please can You tell me how can I list in BIOS (ACER revo build M1-601) because I just see freedos. I tried use F2, 10,12...all keys to jump into bios but cant find way how to open bios menu.

Thank you

• jonknox
    jonknox Member Posts: 1 New User

Hopefully Martin, you discovered in the last 5 years that you open the BIOS menu by hitting DEL during reboot...