RL85 Resolution wont match my Phillips TV

Options
Bellepheron
Bellepheron Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a new Revo RL85 (Win 8.1) connected to my Phillips TV via HDMI. The screen resolution will not match my TV in that I loose about 2cm of the screen display on all 4 sides. Switching to the lower resolution just makes the problem worse. I have tried 3 HDMI cables and also a Samsung TV but the problem is the same.

Is this fixable or is the Revo RL85 limited in its graphic abilities? I admit I find it strange that this Computer only has 2 Resolution settings where the other 6 computers in this house have a much larger range of available resolutions. Even my Raspberry Pi can match my TV resolution so what is wrong, if anything?

Regards 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

have you already tried to re-install Intel VGA drivers?

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_Intel_10.18.14.4080_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=635611452873420940&Step1=REVO&Step2=REVO&Step3=RL85&OS=81P1&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

have you used the Intel display control adapter to set resolution?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Bellepheron
    Options

To IronFly

Many thanks for the reply. First of all I did download the drivers as suggested and installed them but alas no change to my situation.

Regarding using the Intel Display Control Adaptor. Clearly I could not see this as it was hidden in the zone that is hidden from me due to the resolution problem that hides an area around the edge of the screnn. However I did find it among the "apps", terrible word, and it only offered me the 2 resolution setings already listed.

So no further forward however I did buy a standard monitor with HDMI and the screen display is fine.

So comfortable with that knowledge I called upon my neighbour and tried his panasonic TV with HDMI and yes the problem remains. So to me it is clear that the Revo RL85 works to a monitor via HDMI but it has a big problem with HDMI TVs that are Phillips, Samsung and Panasonic. Is the RL85 built with HDMI TVs in mind or is it not?

Regards and thanks again IronFly 

• IronFly
    Options

That's really strange since it must work on TV too, at least using HDMI connection.

by the way i found this specs:

Display

Intel® HD Graphics 5500 (Intergrated in i5-5200U, i3-5005U,i3-5010U)

Support dual display through HDMI and mini DP

mini DP port up to 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz

HDMI® port up to 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz

Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (Intergrated in i3-4005U)

mini DP port up to 3200x2000 @ 60Hz

HDMI® port up to 3200x2000 @ 60Hz

Intel® HD Graphics for Haswell (Intergrated in Celeron 2957U)

mini DP port up to 2560 x 1440 @ 60Hz

HDMI® port up to 1920 x 1200 @ 30Hz

• Bellepheron
    Options

Well I found a result and all thanks to a clue from IronFly in that you listed the various resolutions for various graphics for the RL85. It seemed that there were more setting options for the mini DP cable setup. So I purchases HDMI to Mini DP cable, plugged it in and there were 5 resolution settings available as opposed to the 2 offered using HDMI. It was then easy to find one that suited and now I am happy.

So forget HDMI and use Mini DP.

Thanks IronFly

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy