Acer revo M1-601

Kilt
Kilt Member Posts: 1 New User

How can I update from Windows 10 to a Windows 10 anniversary version when the old OS take 14 Gbyte space and the update program ask for at least 20 Gbyte and the total size of desk are 32 Gbyte?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you can use an external USB HDD, windows will use it to store temporary files during update.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • mreasier
    mreasier Member Posts: 4 New User

I had the same problem of not enough room.  From your Revo or any other computer, go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/.  Click on "Downlaod tool now".  Run MediaCreationTool.exe to create a USB stick (Must be at least 4GB).  Then put that stick into your Revo and run sepup.exe.  It will update your Revo to the most recent realease.  I was able to do it with less than 10GB of disk space.

• sbepko
    sbepko Member Posts: 5 New User

Put a 32 Gb USb stick into my Revo Build, ran the MediaCreationTool.exe, selected "create installation media for another PC", still tells me I "need 8 Gb free on C:" (only 5.1 Gbyte left).  So tell me again how you got it to work?  Currently running 10240, want to upgrade to 1607.

And while I'm here, I installed Office 365 and Onedrive onto the Revo.  Onedrive worked for a while (was able to download Onedrive cloud files to 128 Gbyte SD card in Revo).  Now Onedrive starts, looks like it MAy try to sync, then says "Onedrive has enountered a problem and needs to close".  Re-running Onedrive.exe does the same thing, "cloud" icon appears for amybe 30 seconds then vanished.

• mreasier
    mreasier Member Posts: 4 New User

Run the MediaCreationTool on a different system.  Choose create installation media for another PC and select 64 bit.  Then insert the USB stick in your Revo and run setup.exe.  It would be a good idea to run "Disk Cleanup" with the "Cleanup system files" option before doing the update.  I did the delete everything option and then reinstalled my data and the few apps I run.  Make sure you run Disk Cleanup again after you do the update.

• sbepko
    sbepko Member Posts: 5 New User

Thanks, I did that after trying to run Media Creation Tool on the Revo like the poster stated.