firmware for h9500

graigchq
graigchq Member Posts: 1 New User

I recently bought a H9500 (non 3d model) which for the most part is awesome.

My problem is with image latency, there is a very noticable lag in input on the screen, compared to my laptop.

For example, the reviews and research I did told me this was a fast responding projector and around 30ms input lag, but I am seeing more than 80ms in real world use, and if I use anything other than Game mode, then it's even more.

With this lag, I cannot play games. Driving games for example I have to imagine myself 50m or more up the road to anticipate the input lag, which you can get used to, but laptimes and general performance are massively impacted.

I read that the H9500BD (3D version) had a firmware update, which drastically improved it's performance, but I cannot seem to find anything that relates to the H9500.

Does anyone else have this projector, and any advice on settings that may help.

I find best results (around 45ms) if I have res at 1280x720, Game mode, eco on, brilliant colour off.

Same settings but at 1920x1080 gives me the 80ms.

This is pretty much the same whether I use the DIsplayport to VGA adaptor, pure VGA or HDMI. My previous projector, Optoma HD600X 1280x800 had little lag to speak of, and i was gaming happily, never wanting anything more than a higher resolution, hence buying this Acer as it's replacement.

Any advice!!! is there a firmware update I can apply??