H6510BD color problem with Playstation PS4

Options
tijuana_brass
tijuana_brass Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I've been using an H6510BD projector for a few months without issue. I got a PS4 today, and when connected to the H6510BD there seems to be some sort of color problem, as blues are displayed as greens and white as pink.

The projector works fine with Xbox 360/PS3/DirecTV, and the PS4 works fine on my LG TV, so I can only assume there is some incompatibility between the PS4 and H6510BD, although I have found no mention of this phenomenon online.

I've tried all the usual, power cycling, different HDMI cables, direct connection from PS4 to projector, going via receiver etc.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be up and how to solve it?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• tijuana_brass

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Ok, so to close this one out, I got the projector back from Acer with the firmware updated from 1.04 to 1.05 and the PS4 is displayed as it should be; the issue cited above seems to have been resolved.

So anyone else faces this same problem, you should check your firmware version and contact Acer for a upgrade if necessary.

Answers

• tijuana_brass

Tinkerer

Options
    Forgot to add - colors are fine when I watch a Blu-Ray movie...
  • tijuana_brass

Tinkerer

Options

Update for anyone who comes across this in the future.

I spoke to Acer support; was sent an RMA to return the unit for service.

My projector was running 1.04 firmware; I'm hoping an update to 1.05 will fix the problem, as it did for a similar-sounding issue described elsewhere on this forum.

• firefly123
    firefly123 Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

How do you find out which firmware you have? Where is it listed? I have the same model, h6510bd. Thank you.

• tijuana_brass

Tinkerer

Options

I found my firmware version from the factory settings menu. Turn on the projector with no input connected, then press Power-Left-Left-Menu. This brings up a series of 7 menus in the top left - I don't remember exactly which page the firmware was listed on (and I can't check because Acer has my projector), but poke around and you'll find it. Hope this helps!

• tijuana_brass

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Ok, so to close this one out, I got the projector back from Acer with the firmware updated from 1.04 to 1.05 and the PS4 is displayed as it should be; the issue cited above seems to have been resolved.

So anyone else faces this same problem, you should check your firmware version and contact Acer for a upgrade if necessary.