Acer H5360 projector DMD Chip?

Options
2»

Answers

• Merlin11
    Merlin11 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

"You will need to contanct technical support in your region to inquire about getting your product serviced to resolve this issue. If you are in the US or Canada, you can send me a private message with your serial number, name, and telephone number, and I will have someone contact you."

Thank you Acer-Blayn for offering to assist with DMD chio failure problems.  I was not able to message you with the informaiton you requested so please contact me so I can.  

Thank you.

• Wozman420
    Wozman420 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi Blayn,

I'm having the same issue with my H5360 exhibiting white dots, it started a few weeks ago with just one dot but this past weekend I had 3 and now a fourth showed up yesterday.  When I try to PM you (or any user for that matter) it just goes to a 404 error page.  Please let me know how to get in touch to arrange a warranty repair for the DMD-chip. Thanks.

EDIT: I just figured it out, in case anyone else is having PM issues, Google Chrome won't display the page for PM's properly, but Microsoft IE or Edge does.  Sending you a PM with my details now.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

I just sent you a PM. Will you see if you can reply to it? What web browser are you using?

• IMP-H5360
    IMP-H5360 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello,

I received my projector back repaired and it works like brand new again.  The family is very happy with how well this worked out. I use an Acer 3D monitor too, and my Acer 286-dx from more than 20 years ago still boots perfect to drive my vinyl plotter...

thank youSmiley Happy

• OwenH
    OwenH Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I found my dad's h5360 in his loft, and I sadly found that it has the white spots issue - I'm pretty sure it's not under warranty anymore, does anyone know the part number for a new dmd chip? 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hi OwenH,

You will need to contanct technical support in your region to inquire about getting your product serviced to resolve this issue. If you are in the US or Canada, you can send me a private message with your serial number, name, and telephone number, and I will have someone contact you.

Acer-Manny
  • DBenjamin
    DBenjamin Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi Acer-Manny,

I just sent you a private message with my information about this matter. Please advise, Thank you.
    Derek
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Options
    Hi DBenjamin,

Can you please re-send me the PM again, i happen to not be able to find your message to assist you, thanks.

Acer-Manny
  • DBenjamin
    DBenjamin Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi Acer-Manny,

I am about to resend that message to you. Thank you for following up. Much Appreciated!
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Options
    Thanks for your interest on Acer products! 
  • mark001
    mark001 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi Acer Team.
    i got acer H5360BD Projector with white and black dots. Looks like pixel issue. can i get them replaced. am not sure if its under warranty. can you please let me know how to go through it. I am based in London. can you please drop an email to me on sepintoXXXXX.com ?? Appreciate your help. 

[Edited post to removed unallowed content - Acer_Manny]
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Options
    Hi mark001,

You will need to contanct technical support in your region to inquire about getting your product serviced to resolve this issue. If you are in the US or Canada, you can send me a private message with your serial number, name, and telephone number, and I will have someone contact you.

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ select the country you are in and click on the support tab, on the left hand side you will find and option “contact support”.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • ComatoseFish
    ComatoseFish Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi Mark,
    I have the same issue with a DMD failure and Acer Support Australia has been less than helpful. How do i go about getting this replaced as i have 2.5 months left before i hit the 5 year DMD warranty.
    Thanks!
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi ComatoseFish,

You need to contact support in your region to inquire about getting your product serviced, https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ select the country you are in and click on the support tab, on the left hand side you will find and option “contact support”.

Note: The Acer community is not a direct portal to Customer service or Technical Support, Acer employees may read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer moderators may interact with members when appropriate. (case by case basis). primarily the community is a place where members can exchange their own advice, ideas, articles with knowledge and troubleshooting techniques etc. This thread will now be closed. 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.