XP271HU A stuck at 24Hz refresh rate

Options
alamakluke
alamakluke Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi All, I have read and tried many different solutions but to no prevail. I just bought this monitor from Canada Computers yesterday. I am using the Display Port cable that was provided with the monitor. For PC hardware I am using a MSI 1080ti GPU with MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon motheboard with a AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU. 

My issue is that the monitor is stuck at 24Hz refresh rate. I have tried disconnected the DP cable and changing my refresh rate max to 144 and even 165Hz using the monitors OSD to no prevail. I have reset the monitor through the meny no go. I have unnistall the nvidia driver and reinstall it no go.

Any more tips/advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

Luc

Best Answer

• alamakluke
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found the solution. I had to use the 2nd display port on the MSI 1080 ti video card. Now I can select different refresh rates all the way up to 165Mhz.

Hope this helps anybody. Smiley Happy

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

You can adjust your screen resolution to control the size and clarity of your display image. Higher resolution settings will yield sharper images but will make items on the screen appear smaller. Lower resolution settings may lead to large icons that appear to have jagged edges. The available resolution settings will depend on the capabilities of your monitor and video card.

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36916#_ga=2.249333390.842537174.1502104784-263337500.1415824428

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • alamakluke
    Options

Hi there

Thanks for the reply but your reply does not even talk about the issue that I am experiencing. I am an experience IT tech and I know a few things about monitors and resolutions. Your reply was not even close to my issue. Smiley Sad

if anybody has any tips on how to fix my 24Hz refresh issue that would be great if not I will just return the monitor to the store and get a full refund. Like I said in my post, I have tried all the solutions that I've mention to no prevail. 

Thanks in advance.

Luc

• alamakluke
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found the solution. I had to use the 2nd display port on the MSI 1080 ti video card. Now I can select different refresh rates all the way up to 165Mhz.

Hope this helps anybody. Smiley Happy