XB281HK screen going black via DP input

Bovril
Bovril Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I just got a XB281HK and upon using the display port input I'm finding that it will at least once an hour go black for a few seconds then return with the DP input logo in the centre as if it has had input cycled.  I was using it with HDMI for a day before switching to DP and it was fine with that.

I'm running a GTX 1080 and I've tried disabling OD mode on the monitor which hasn't solved it.  Switching to a different DP cable has also not helped.  All my drivers are up to date.

I've seen that other people have posted about the same issue with no response.  Any ideas about what could be causing this before I return it?  Thanks

Answers

• orwell1009
    orwell1009 Member Posts: 2 New User

Bovril,

I'm having the same issue, have you found a resolution?

Cheers,

Orwell

• stee_vo
    stee_vo Member Posts: 4 New User

I have the same issue, please update your post if you ever find a solution, it's driving me nuts.

• orwell1009
    orwell1009 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Stee_vo,

I ended up calling Acer support and sent unit back to them for repair. You should call them to see if it's still under warranty.

Note:

You have to eat the cost of shipping to them, cost me about 30 bucks. (Which is complete BS)

Hope this helps,

Orwell
  • stee_vo
    stee_vo Member Posts: 4 New User

Yeah I'll probably have to do that... 

• Mayhem
    Mayhem Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hi Guys,  Try using the eco mode feature on the monitor if you have one.

On my x34 this was the problem and the dp became active. Its something to do with a power slave switch off, thats the best i can describe it.

Give it a go. Let me know how you go.

Mayhem