Predator X34

Options
SwagSteak
SwagSteak Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I purchased an x34 roughly 13 months ago, and had no issues with it up until about two months ago.

The first issue was to do with the power or transformer. I enitially thought the power supply unit had gone, so i purchased a replacement only to find out this was not the issue. So off it went back to the store for warranty. Id like to add that it started having issues as soon as i overclocked the refresh rate to 100 hz. 

Two weeks later and its back and working - happy days!... A week after getting it back, i start having issues on boot up in the morning.. Screen does not light up, remains black. I give it afew off and ons at the button and it comes good.. hrm ok we will just roll with it.. This starts happening more and more frequent over a 2 week period..

This morning comes, it will not turn on, remains blank. It only took 20 seconds of google to find the amount of users who have had this issue..

IT really makes you think about the quality.. Not to mention when the monitor was first taken into the store for warranty, there was another 5 x34s sitting there to be sent back.... 

I have a good mind to get a refund thanks to Australias lovely ACCC as the product is faulty and does not do what its intended to do. 

I heard rumors that companies have pushed back release on a new range of gaming monitors because they are ridden with issues, is this true? 

Should these monitors have ever been released in the first place due to the amount of issues found from users online?