Predator X34 - OC & GSYNC Scanline problem

2»

Answers

• Vandragorax
    Vandragorax Member Posts: 124 Die Hard WiFi Icon

@Iluv2raceit - the scanlines are clearly an issue on these monitors.  Here are some pictures I've taken today on my SLR which shows a clear comparison on the pendulum demo and you can put the two images side-by-side to see the difference with "g-sync" and "no g-sync".

G-sync:

http://i.imgur.com/BkyjXZ5.jpg

No G-sync:

http://i.imgur.com/pJJanbc.jpg

The horizontal lines are especially noticeable in the black area at the bottom, and once you see them you can notice them in the rest of the image too.

It usually doesn't seem noticeable whilst gaming, but it is still there, and can be VERY annoying especially in areas of solid colour where it ends up looking like some kind of banding.  For example I notice it a lot when playing Heroes of the Storm, but not so much playing Just Cause 3.

We can also rule out other outside influences such as our computer setups, because when I take a screenshot of the game in Steam and inspect the screenshot, it shows up perfectly, even though in the game itself I can CLEARLY see the scan lines because g-sync is enabled there.  This proves the image coming from the GPU is absolutely fine, and it's something in the display itself causing this anomaly.

The only other thing I need to try tomorrow is a different DP cable, so I'm going to purchase a high quality short cable and test it tomorrow instead of the cable that came with the monitor.

I've sent these images to NVIDIA support too and I'm hopeful that the problem can be identified at some point so we can all get some resolution to this as I believe it is the only issue outstanding with these monitors that hasn't so far been addressed.

• Iluv2raceit
    Iluv2raceit Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

I am not disputing that there is a scanline issee. What I do have a bit of disbelief in that someone could receive four separate X34 monitors with exactly the same problem. One of three possibilities exist:

1) The cause of the scanlines is not related at all with his X34 units and is being caused by something else altogether

2) Acer or the retailer sent him back the same unit each time and he just didn't bother to verify the serial number prior to returning it the first time.

3) He has the worst luck in the world with receiving only defective monitors!
  • Ikarusflug
    Ikarusflug Member Posts: 3 New User

Or the x34 has a general problem with scanlines and the few people who have none, have luck or are to blind to see them. Really in a big german hardwareforum there is exactly one person who says he doesnt have scanlines. Everyone else has them.

• Iluv2raceit
    Iluv2raceit Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

LMAO! Wow, 3 whole pages of a couple users that have scanlines. Trust me, the vast majority of X34 owners have no issues with their units. You all are the vast minority. Still, I believe there are still issues that Acer needs to resolve for the customers. A $1300 monitor should have a zero defect rate.