New XB321HK: No Picture...DOA?!?!

Options
GelatinousFury
GelatinousFury Member Posts: 8 New User

Today I received a new Predator XB321HK monitor, but upon hooking it up via the included DisplayPort cable to one of my two GTX 980Ti video cards, the monitor has not displayed a picture whatsoever.  This has me completely stumped.

I have 2 monitors hooked up, one of which is the XB321HK, and I'm sitting here at a Windows 10 desktop on my second monitor that still works.  When I go to the Nvidia display settings, the XB321HK is clearly identified.  Everything seems normal...I can change resolution, refresh rate, etc. on the XB321HK and click apply as normal.  However, there is absolutely no picture whatsoever on the XB321HK.  The monitor light is blue, which tells me it is not in standby mode so it's receiving some kind of signal from my PC.  I can even see a faint backlight on the XB321HK, but no actual picture.

Other items of interest:  

- I have tried 3 different displayport cables and a HDMI cable trying to get this XB321HK to display a picture and nothing worked, so I'm sure the issue is not with cabling.

- I have tried connecting the above various display cables into all ports of my 2x GTX980Ti video cards.  In all cases, my old displayport monitor works while the XB321HK does not.  This tells me the issue is not with my video cards either. 

- NONE of the front panel buttons on the XB321HK monitor seem to actually do anything except for the power button.  I can turn the monitor on and off, but pressing the OSD button while the monitor is on does not bring up an OSD.  None of the other front panel buttons produce a result on the screen either.  

Any help would be appreciated....other than have just gotten a DOA monitor, this one has me completely stumped.

Answers

• GelatinousFury
    Options

I wanted to update this thread with the resolution to my issue.  If anyone experiences this problem in the future, whether it's this Predator monitor model or another one, the only fix at this point is to return the monitor and get a new one.  I received my replacement XB321HK monitor a couple of days ago and it worked perfectly out of the box.  I hope  Acer is able to pinpoint whatever is causing this issue and get it fixed very soon.

• Igor_slo
    Igor_slo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have similar/the same problem (same monitor). Just got my monitor 3 days ago (from amazon UK) and it did work, for a 1-2min and then it went dark, but if you looked closely, the image was still displaying in the background only no back light. But if you pressed your finger on predator logo on the bottom of the screen it started working. I am going to contact amazon and return it for a new one.   

Love the picture (when it works), love the size, gaming (still waiting for a  gtx 1080 to arrive), but this not working is a little bit dissapointing.

Hope Acer fixes this problem soon. This is a 1000 euro worth monitor.

• GelatinousFury
    Options

Well, my replacement XB321HK monitor is disconnecting itself now.  Today I came home from work to find that my PC was on but the monitor would not display a picture.  In fact, the blue power LED on the monitor was no longer lit and no matter how many times I pressed the power button the monitor would not come back on.  Note that this was not from a state of standby, as my PC never goes to sleep/standby.  In the end, I unplugged the monitor from the wall outlet and plugged it back in, and the monitor came back on.

Acer, why is this happening and what's the fix?

• GelatinousFury
    Options

Bumping this thread to try and get a reply.  What I described in the post above this one is now happening to me regularly.

• Igor_slo
    Igor_slo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

i am still waiting for my replasment screen. I hope that the new one will just work as it is ment to.

• GelatinousFury
    Options
    Another bump. Any updates from Acer on the issue of monitors turning themselves off and having to be unplugged/re-plugged in from the electrical outlet to start working again?