How to remove Predator Z35 monitor from its stand?

acer3
acer3 Member Posts: 3 New User

I just got a Acer Predator Z35 (Gsync) monitor, it's a gaint nice display device.

However, the menu book which come with the unit is soooo..... thin and lack of details. I surfed the Acer's site, also no deeper explanation about this "high-end" monitor, very strange and weak marketing support.

The stand base is really hugh and takes up too much distance on the backside, it makes the display way too close to me on desk. I would like to use an arm mount on this display to make its position a bit further back.

Now the problem is, how do I remove the stand from the display without breaking it?? Can't find any switch to unlock it and other models, no instruction diagrams nor content to mention this neither.

Moreover, what is the net weight of the display without stand? I want to check if the arm mount can support it.

Thanks.

Answers

• Ssix
    Ssix Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey guy to your question i dont have the answer yet because i dont have that monitor, but that is a very good question to ask. because i had the same question in mind. thats the only reason that stops me from purchasing this monitor over the X34 i understand that this monitor has a alot of good features but the vesa is one they seem to leave out. they should have place a vesa option on that monitor u figure ur spending close to $1299.00 for why not go all the way. i hope you get the answer you looking for because im very interested in what they are going to say to you. Good luck

• No457_Snowy
    No457_Snowy Member Posts: 2 New User

Same query here, I just purchased this monitor also but no details are included on how to remove the stand, I don't want to risk breaking something and it's not clear how to do it. The specs do say VESA 100 x 100 compatible.

Any help appreciated.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

where the stand connect to the monitor, there is a small hole  (bottom or top) between the 2 plastic covers around the monitor stand.

once you lift them, you will see the screws that are holding the stand to the monitor.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • No457_Snowy
    No457_Snowy Member Posts: 2 New User

IronFly, thanks for your help, that was it, just those two plastic covers popped out with a bit of gentle leverage, then the 4 VESA mount screws were accessible. Thanks!

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

You welcome. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Ssix

Omg! thank you guys for letting me know that this monitor has vesa otherwise i would of never bother with it, knowing that it does have vesa as soon it comes in to the states i will purchase it. so is this monitor is all that it says does it live up to the hype and its features?

once again thank you for all your help fellers.

• acer3
    acer3 Member Posts: 3 New User

Thank you for your answer anyone.

Before getting replys, I got the stand remove after asking my local dealer, he did also spend some time to research and trying.

Like people has answered here, there is a 2 parts square frame around the connection between the display and stand, just poke the finger in and pull them off. The Z35 supports VESA standard 100mx100m mount.

About the monitor weight without stand, I still couldn't find it, unfortunately I also do not have a scale to weight it after I removed the stand. But I studied the similar LG 34" and Samsung 34" curved monitor specification, they are both around 16lb without stand (why on earth Acer does no provide detail specification like others is beyond me...), I would believe the Z35 will be heavier from its bigger size and more "gamer" looking case. But should be no more than 20lb, which is around 9kg.

If one wants to use a desktop arm mount, should really get a good solid built one which is capable for very heavy monitor.

The original stand is good built, but the "gamer" futuristic design is not everyone's taste, more important it is not practical at all, it wastes at least extra 10~12cm on the backside while sitting against the wall comparing with other standard monitors. For a display that big, this 12cm is very critical, I need to view the Z35 a bit further on my desk to get comfortable, not closer. Sacrifice usage for the look, it's a design flaw imo...

I might just wall-mount it and move my desk further back to solve the spacing problem.  

(Sorry for my English)

• Ssix

hey fellers i have 1 or 2 more questions that i hope you can answer for me because am already losing my hair thinking about this so much knowing that this is a very big investment for me to be buying a monitor for this price. my 1st question is this am a big FPS gamer i love my BF4 and RVS games what i wanted to know how are the colors and the refresh rate, contrast on this monitor knowing that its a VA Panel.  because every where i go online to do research on panel they say VA panels are not so good for gaming. thats why i havent still decided on getting this Monitor.

2nd question if you can do it all over again would u keep this monitor or go for the Predator X34 IPS monitor?

I hope you guys can really help me with these questions.

Thank you

• porky133
    porky133 Member Posts: 4 New User

Don't have mine yet but to answer at least part of your question: the refresh rate is 144, overclockable to 200.

• Briolli
    Briolli Member Posts: 3 New User
    So can you mount the predator z35? I have had one for a couple of weeks and I would like to mount it on my wall in front of my desk
  • Briolli
    So can you mount the z35? I have had mine for a couple of weeks and I'm curious because I would like to mount it.
  • Briolli

Yes i just bought the same monitor did you figure out how to mount the predator z35? which mount did you use if so?

• Nzuraw
    Nzuraw Member Posts: 1 New User

Superb thanks for the instructions - Was deliberating on buying the Z35 until I read you could mount it.