Display shuts briefly in games only

Options
OztinCloud
OztinCloud Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I am having an issue where during certain games my display will turn off and turn back on, almost as if its switching inputs briefly before recognizing the one it is supposed to be on. I have been able to replicate this issue by going into games and trying to click on menu buttons. This only started happening after i purchased an Acer xg270hu 1440p 144Hertz monitor.

The problem only persists on the Display Port cable, which is the only one that supports 144 Hertz. When i use a DVI-Dual Link cable the problem doesn't occur. My question to the internet is do i have a defective monitor? I have already ordered a new Display Port cable to see if getting a new one will fix the issue. 

I have also tried, uninstalling GPU drivers and installed 3 different updates of Drivers from AMD with the problem persisting. I have also tried Resetting windows and re-downloading all drivers. I have tried a voltage test on my PSU. The only thing i could narrow it down to is a faulty monitor or faulty cable. I am trying the new cable first and then i am going to Micro Center to return this monitor or have it replaced. 

During DVI i have also noticed pixels glitching across my screen, instead of the display flicking issue. 

My system specs: 
CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Asus - CROSSHAIR VI HERO ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory 
Video Card: XFX - Radeon R9 390X 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card 
GPU Cooler: ARCTIC Accelero Hybrid III-120 (Generic), Graphics Card Liquid Cooler
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX 
Monitor: Acer - XG270HU 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated in this frustrating issue.

https://youtu.be/mT6oPRbk_S0

I have included a video of the problem I am facing shown. It is a 40 second video so give it a quick view if it will help.

Answers

• OztinCloud
    OztinCloud Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have bought a new DP cable and it still hasn't fixed the problem... Is nobody available to help?

• markkuarto
    markkuarto Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

I had same issue with 3 meter cable. i solved problem by going back to original shorter dp cable, one that came with monitor.