Let's Get Social!

Ask our members for help or assist others.
You are all welcome at Acer Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predator 17 G9-793 hard crashing

SOLVED
Highlighted
Tinkerer

Just picked up a new Predator 17 and in one day of use it's totally frozen 4 times so far. Only option is to hard reset, just wanted to ask if it's an issue anyone else experienced before going through the returns process.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mainframe Wrangler

Re: Predator 17 G9-793 hard crashing

Update BIOS to latest version, if you haven't already. Download and install latest nvidia driver(from nvidia website). Download HWiNFO and let it record the temperatures while you are gaming. Please post the average and maximum temperatures of the CPU and GPU.

If your temperatures are fine and updating the BIOS and drivers doesn't fix anything, then you better send the laptop back.

Download BIOS 1.12 from here under 'BIOS/Firmware':
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6965?b=1
8 REPLIES
Mainframe Wrangler

Can you describe the issue in more detail? For example this 'freezing', does it just freeze(stop responding) and nothing works including ctrl+alt+del, or it just crashes showing a BSOD?
Tinkerer

Your right sorry, so remains on but no blue screen, and totally unresponsive no mouse movement, unable to ctrl+alt+del and if sound is playing it stop on that note and repeat constantly

Does that help? Unsure if it has a proper term

Thanks
Mainframe Wrangler

Update BIOS to latest version, if you haven't already. Download and install latest nvidia driver(from nvidia website). Download HWiNFO and let it record the temperatures while you are gaming. Please post the average and maximum temperatures of the CPU and GPU.

If your temperatures are fine and updating the BIOS and drivers doesn't fix anything, then you better send the laptop back.

Download BIOS 1.12 from here under 'BIOS/Firmware':
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6965?b=1
Tinkerer

Thanks for the help ven, but I think I'll see if they can do an exchange before I start risking having it too long to do an exchange

Its only an hour drive or so, would take me just as long to do collate the data 

But if I have similar issues I'll use this guide and respond 

Thanks again 

New User

Hi,

the same thing happened to mine.

It's 4 days old, I asked Overclockers UK for the replacement and they forwarded me to the Acer Costumers Service.

They suggested to do reset one more time using Alt + F10 combination at startup.

Now it's stuck at resetting at 6% and HDD lamp isnt blinking so I think this is a bad thing.

What should I do with it?

Tinkerer

Hey predrag,

Advice from ven was really solid, overclockers told me to update the bios or factory reset before they would look at taking it further which was fair enough.

Bios update 1.12 did it for me now 4 days or so with no lock up. Makes sense as it updates intel integration

Give that a try and see how you go
New User

Thanks Jflip,

But now it stuck in resetting, I'm not sure if I can stop that.

Any advice on that?

Tnx.

EDIT:

I stopped the reset. And started it again, now its going ok. Will se if ts ging to solve the freezing problem, and will update bios.

IMG_20171012_183207_HHT.jpg

Tinkerer

Reset problem is not something I would feel confident on advising - might be best to give Acer a try tomorrow

(which I know is a frustrating answer)

Or try there twitter support (might have different active hours)
Announcements
Designed for Freedom

The Windows Mixed Reality Headset is comfortable and easy to adjust as you experience different apps while walking wherever you want.

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer
Member Highlight

We would like to welcome Acer-Manny to the Acer Team! Acer-Manny will be in charge of moderation for the Spanish Community, but you may also see him from time to time in the English and Portuguese communities.

Acer-Manny
Acer Crew

Acer Crew