Im going to run Windows 7 Pro 64bit on my new Predator G9-793-79PE Recertified Laptop

Options
JOHNR58
JOHNR58 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have just a week ago purchased this Predator Laptop and Im reminded yet again why I dont like Windows 10. I know there are those people who make a good argument why Win 10 is good and should be used on this laptop.  What Im asking for is help from those who have made the switch to Windows 7 Pro 64bit and maybe point me in the right direction. I have found this site with what appears to be exactly what I need. (*******) I found a few similar posts while searching before I made this post. It would mean a lot to me if I can make this happen. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

John

[URL removed]

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

do you know that website is not an official Acer support page?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JOHNR58
    Options

I guess I just assumed it was. That doesn't mean the info is all bogus. I will however check it out a bit deeper. It still doesn't change me resolve about running Win 7 Pro. From what I've read a few here have at least tried it. Im hoping they will offer up their experiences- maybe update the info I read from their posts. Thanks for the heads up on the  website. I appreciate it. :-) 

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator
    Options

Hello everyone,

While our members are generally eager to provide useful information, be advised that Acer does not validate third party external links for downloads and is not responsible for them.  We also cannot attest to the safety of third party websites.  Acquiring files through such links is at the user’s own risk. 

I have removed the URL as it appears the website is trying to pass as an official Acer site.  All officially approved drivers and downloads can be found at our Drivers and Manuals website.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer-Jose wrote:

I have removed the URL as it appears the website is trying to pass as an official Acer site.  All officially approved drivers and downloads can be found at our Drivers and Manuals website.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JOHNR58
    Options

I apologize for that. It sure did look like it was an ACER page, I should have dug a bit deeper. I would not knowingly try to decieve anyone. Im just looking for answers.  Sorry for the trouble.

John