G9-593-73N6 SSD connector missing

Options
mnm6102
mnm6102 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Today I recieved my new G9-593-73N6. When I opened up the bottom HDD, SSD & Memory cover, I noticed that the SSD B key connector is not there. Is this correct or should it actualy have a connector? I know that the G9-593-765Q on in the linked photo has the connector, however I could not find any information / images online that showed this in my actual model. Also, Tech support tier 1 was absolutly no help with this. All the guy kept telling me is the laptop had a 265 SSd and a 1TB Hdd (I already knew this).

Missing ConnectorMissing Connector

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

Some models of Predator G9-593 or G9-793 are shipped with motherboards equipped with only one M.2 socket. So that's normal. I already saw some examples on the communty website in the past.

France
  • beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    Options

yes, this is a thing, which should be mentionned.

For me this is a "to buy or not to buy?" criteria. I already had problems in Germany with one of two biggest resellers here to get any information about the storage. They couldn't tell me anything about the model of the SSD or so. Nothing! And as a result I was really dissapointed when I saw the LiteOn SSD.

So it might be a problem, too, to find out, if it has a "second turbo" (M.2) or not? Is this single slot only sata? I just thought about a new Predator for xmas. This makes me really thinking about it again.

• Hollowgrimjaw
    Hollowgrimjaw Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2018
    Options
    This question might be stupid but im not a computer genius, but is it possible to buy an add an 2nd m.2 connector ?