Acer Predator 15 (G9-591-70DV) subwoofer issue

Options
roman_abad
roman_abad Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

My Acer Predator laptop's subwoofer is not working & I did some research on the net and someone mentioned about the Realtek Audio Manager should have a 2.1 selection not just stereo like mine for the subwoofer to work. I followed what acer support suggested to update the drivers from their site but still didn't work. After those updates I checked the Realtek HD Audio Manager and still stereo as the only selection. A laptop with 2 speakers & a subwwofer counts as 2.1 speaker system, right? Anyone knows how to get a 2.1 speaker selection in my Realtek HD Audio driver to make my subwoofer work?

Answers

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    Options

I think that's only a question of a quite simple driver. You don't have any things to adjust there, but if I gamble for e.g. I get really 2.2 (I think it's called so here). Subwoofers are working.

It was the same with my old notebook and was changed, when a more detailed driver was released.

Maybe we should start a thread to aks Acer for a new sound driver?

• DanielLagman
    DanielLagman Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

Options

did you get this issue solved? i was wondering the same why mine didn't have a 2.1 configuration when it should have a 2.1 according to the searches i did on the net. it says acer predator has soundpound 2.1 or whatever that means.

• AVJim
    AVJim Member Posts: 110 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

The subwoofer is just wired in to one of the speakers (the left channel I think) and therefore it is not a true 2.1 configuration...it's more like a stereo config with a little boost for the bottom end.  So I believe all you will find is a Stereo profile.

More like 2 and a half channels.

• roman_abad
    roman_abad Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    Here I am after 4 years with the same issue, subwoofer still not working. Does anyone have a solution? Coz the sound output on this laptop is so thin :'( . Please help.....