G6-710 - Bluetooth & WiFi missing

Options
ThatGuyHat
ThatGuyHat Member Posts: 5 New User

I was under the impression that all G6-710 models come equipped with Bluetooth and WiFi - my seller even advertised so - but I'm unable to locate these. Am I missing something or do these not come as standard?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, it has both.

have you checked on the Action center?

windows logo key + a

or try to re-install drivers:

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6372;-;Predator%20G6-710

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ThatGuyHat
    Options

They are not in the Action Center and when I installed the drivers they showed up but were highlighted in red, i.e. they led to no options once clicked on.

• IronFly
    Options

check on device manager, network adapters, how many devices are listed.

windows logo key + x

Device manager

• ThatGuyHat
    Options
    Only one network adapter is listed in Device Manager and nothing appears to be missing or not working properly. This is really strange.
  • IronFly
    Options

Sorry i forgot to tell, on device manager, click on View tab and select Show hidden devices

Since BT and wifi are in the same module, probably is not well seated or it's totally missing (but it must be available on your model), this module is under the graphic card and you can check it only removing it.

if you are not confortable on doing it, contact your seller.

• ThatGuyHat
    Options
    Thanks for your help! I will do as suggested and check if the module is seated properly.
  • nickpeck40
    nickpeck40 Member Posts: 32 Troubleshooter
    Options

The adapter for wifi & BT is small and you can easily see it plugged into the motherboard.  It could have come loose in shipping at some point or something.  If it is missing I'd get back to who you bought it from (or here) and see if someone can send it to you to install yourself (if you are comfortable doing that).  It's pretty easy and quick.

Good luck.

• ThatGuyHat
    Options

For anyone following this topic, I ended up contacting my seller, who, in turn, contacted the supplier, and they confirmed that the Bluetooth/WiFi module did not come equipped as advertised. In fact, none of the G6-710 Predators in my country (Croatia) have it equipped as standard, so I ended up returning it.