Acer Predator G7760 doesn't boot/start

Options
SiKoZ
SiKoZ Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hello,

I've got my G7760 last day and i've got serious issues with, Yesterday i've got my pc from my dad, wich he live in Belgium, me in France, i've unboxed him and started in the morning and all was running fine. After 1 hour I decided to put my GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4Gb ( Gigabyte ) on the pc, so before that I've uninstalled all graphics driver and I've put my CD for the 1050 driver but all was going wrong from that moment... I've put my new gpu and the pc freezes on the Acer boot logo for about 1-2 min, the keyboard was not responding, the pc was frozen completly. After a while I have shutted it down by pressing the power button 6-7 sec and the pc after that, won't start/boot, when i press power button there's -> No fan, no noise, no leds, no HDD start so nothing happen... I have to say i'm really sad because it's a great pc that i got... The PSU works well, I tested on another PC, i've removed RAM one by one, clear CMOS, BIOS battery out for 10 min -> nothing i really don't know what to do... The warrantly is not longer avaible (2012 pc).

What I should do ? 

Thanks in advance, thanks for reading,

Philip

PS: Sorry for my english, I live in France.

Best Answer

• Ophelia
    Ophelia Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Hey SiKoZ,

Unfortunately, I have no good news since I tried to upgrade my Predator G7760, too. 

Even the latest BIOS-driver doesn't support VGAs later than the nVidia 5-series. I tried it with the GTX 770 and theres no other way to get it to work than buying a new mainboard and with that probably also a new CPU since the socket is outdated, too.

IMO this PC was a huge waste of money, because whenever I try to make it more up to date, I stumble upon more and more issues and (admitted!) Acer did a great job on making it impossible to solve them.

Sorry for that, but I'm superpissed. Right now I can't even get it to shut down properly after I upgraded to Win10.

It's clear for me my next system will be self-made.

I'm really sorry for you. Hope you'll find an acceptable solution to make you VGA work.

Answers

• Ophelia

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Hey SiKoZ,

Unfortunately, I have no good news since I tried to upgrade my Predator G7760, too. 

Even the latest BIOS-driver doesn't support VGAs later than the nVidia 5-series. I tried it with the GTX 770 and theres no other way to get it to work than buying a new mainboard and with that probably also a new CPU since the socket is outdated, too.

IMO this PC was a huge waste of money, because whenever I try to make it more up to date, I stumble upon more and more issues and (admitted!) Acer did a great job on making it impossible to solve them.

Sorry for that, but I'm superpissed. Right now I can't even get it to shut down properly after I upgraded to Win10.

It's clear for me my next system will be self-made.

I'm really sorry for you. Hope you'll find an acceptable solution to make you VGA work.

• SiKoZ
    Options

Hi Ophelia,

Yeah, it was the motherboard that was the cause of all problems, so i found another one with the same
    socket for 30€ with 4 DDR3 slots, when I saw that I was "yeah" and all is fine with the same specs (i7 2600k, 16 gb ram, graphic GTX 1050 working fine)

But thanks for reply sir,
    Philip

[inappropriate content removed]

• Ophelia

Tinkerer

Options

Good for you! I was thinking about trying the SLI option with another GTX 570. I'm just a little hesitant with buying used electronic parts. What mainboard did you get? Probably used, he? 

• SiKoZ
    Options
    The mobo was used, and i forgot the name sry, but it's good enough.