v3-772G - Have recent bios/firmware fixed problems?

Options
OOT
OOT Member Posts: 4 New User

Having read the forum I see that there were some issues with flickering, BSOD and keyboard issues. I was just wondering if the recent updates have addressed all of the problems, some of the problems or really made no headway. I have no choice but to buy a new laptop in the next week or two and am deciding between the V3-772G and the lenovo Y510p (I know there's a new release (Y50)). I prefer a 17" screen but can't find anything comparable to the V3 in regards to specs but I can not have a situation where I'll be sending the unit off to be fixed and then waiting for a replacement. I'll probably be purchasing from NewEgg or Amazon so it's not a situation where I would be able to just drive across town and return if there is a problem.

thanks.

Answers

• silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

The answer is: NO.

It's flickering like hell. The only option is to turn brightness to eyes burning settings. I don't have BSODs but my keyboard is once in a while typing its own stories. I have to hammer the keyboard to make this stop. If you want pain, the V3-772G is the right choice.

• OOT
    OOT Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Dang. That sucks. That you for the answer. I really didn't want to go with a 15.6" but nothing else is comparable that I can find in the 17" field. Come on Acer. This just is not cool.

This discussion has been closed.