upgrading v5-571p to windows 8.1

roadkill
roadkill Member Posts: 17 New User

I'm considering updating my v5-571p from win8.0 to win8.1 and I have some questions:

1. I read that you provide driver support for this model (http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/GB/content/windows81-update), but I see in the footnotes: "Intel® does not supply drivers for computers with 2nd generation Intel® CoreTM (i3, i5 or i7-2xxx), Pentium® dual-core G6 or G8, or Celeron® G4, G5 or 8 series processors. " - does this mean you will supply (via support website) a non-intel driver? Can you please tell me what this means for me - as my model has a corei3 processor.

2. I read I am suppose to update my bios - can you please provide a link or directions on to how I do that (how I find out my bios version, where I find the latest bios, how I flash or install that bios).

3. I read that I am suppose to uninstall any intell and/or nvidia vga drivers - can you please provide a link or directions on to how I do that (how I find out if I have these drivers, how I uninstall them; do I need to install some other driver as well as uninstalling if I have them - seems counter-intuitive to me that I can just uninstall a vga driver and the computer will keep working as needed to do the upgrade).

update: I'm looking in the manual, if the explanation in there is fine on various things I'm happy with that.

Thanks very much.

Best Answer

• ajay_1988
    ajay_1988 Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi Road Kill.
    Firstly you can upgrade your system from Windows 8.0 to 8.1
    Secondly Acer Provides Intel support drivers for your Laptop

To Update your Bios Kindly Click on this Link

Just click on the file inside this link to update your BIOS.

To Uninstall Any Nvidia / Intel VGA Drivers

Kindly click on 7.jpg+ X key on your Keyboard

and select Control Panel

In Control Panel Go to Programs And Features and Unistall Intel HD / VGA Drivers, (or) Nvidia VGA drivers

Answers

• ajay_1988
    Answer ✓

Hi Road Kill.
    Firstly you can upgrade your system from Windows 8.0 to 8.1
    Secondly Acer Provides Intel support drivers for your Laptop

To Update your Bios Kindly Click on this Link

Just click on the file inside this link to update your BIOS.

To Uninstall Any Nvidia / Intel VGA Drivers

Kindly click on 7.jpg+ X key on your Keyboard

and select Control Panel

In Control Panel Go to Programs And Features and Unistall Intel HD / VGA Drivers, (or) Nvidia VGA drivers

• roadkill
    roadkill Member Posts: 17 New User

Hi

Thanks, so I completed the preparation steps, downloaded and installed 8.1 - all seems to be running well.

Do I need to download and install driver updates, or do I only need to do this if something appears not to be working correctly?

Thanks

• ajay_1988

Kindly click on 7.jpg + X key and select Device Manager

See if you have any yellow question mark for any device.

If you find then download the driver for that device and thats it u are all set to experience Windows 8.1

8.jpg

This discussion has been closed.