upgrade memory

Options
krull50
krull50 Member Posts: 6 New User

How do upgrade memory on acer Aspire v5 notebook?

Best Answer

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good day

Some machines come with standard 2Gig onboard ram and 1 slot and some are already maximised with 2Gig onboard and an additional 4Gig totalling to 6Gig....Send me the serial number of your machine or part number and i will give you accurate information

Regards,

Freeza

Answers

• mobile01
    mobile01 Member Posts: 68

Tinkerer

Options

remove the memory cover on the bottom of unit, then take out the old memory and put the new one in.

• krull50
    Options

did that but there are 2 moduls and i see only 1 in the memory area were is the other one at?

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good day

Some machines come with standard 2Gig onboard ram and 1 slot and some are already maximised with 2Gig onboard and an additional 4Gig totalling to 6Gig....Send me the serial number of your machine or part number and i will give you accurate information

Regards,

Freeza

• krull50
    Options

Acer Aspire V5-551 V2.02

• mobile01
    mobile01 Member Posts: 68

Tinkerer

Options

System Memory

Dual-channel DDR3 SDRAM support:

Up to 2 GB of DDR3 system memory on board, upgradable to 6 GB using single

soDIMM modules (for 64-bit OS)

• krull50
    Options

Thanks for the info much appreciated.

• MBryga
    MBryga Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

My Acer Aspire V5-571P-6648 v2.03 came with 4GB. According to Belarc Advisor it's all in CHANNELB-DIMM0 and the other 3 slots are open. I removed the access plate and can only see one slot in use and one empty. Can I assume that this means I can add another 4GB to the empty slot and bring the total to 8GB (this is a Windows 8 x64 OS)? What type of soDIMM do I need - DDR3 PC3-10600 ? Do I need a pair so they match, or can they be different? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.