problems Typing

nakina
nakina Member Posts: 2 New User

Good day. I bought an Aspire V5 in May and everything was working fine 'till about July when I had problems typing emails. The cursor goes mad, dropping text, moving around the page. I d/g from W 8.1 to 7 a couple of weeks ago (because of a work issue) and its gotten worse. I can't even type a full sentence now without constantly having to redo text etc.

Thanks/

Answers

• BearPaw
    BearPaw Member Posts: 69 Troubleshooter

I know your probably going to roll your eyes on this but are you sure no liquid has gotten on the keyboard? I cant find out any other way a laptop keyboard can go bonkers unless its exposed to liquid.

• Eripsa
    Eripsa Member Posts: 19 New User

I experienced a similar proglem but that was because I had my palms partially on the trackpad while typing. Now I disable the trackpad and use a USB mouse. Don't know if that's your problem.

• nakina
    nakina Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks but thats not it.

• Eripsa
    Eripsa Member Posts: 19 New User

I think you have to contact support and probably send it in for repair

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello nakina

You can't reach Acer support here. This is a peer to peer support forum. However, there are support pages for various countries listed here:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Where-can-I-find-information-about-my-Acer-Product/ta-p/37951

This discussion has been closed.