limited connectivity 100% solved

Options
ronv8917
ronv8917 Member Posts: 3 New User

Good evening people. I am not much on posting on forums and I am certainly not a computer expert in any way. HOWEVER, I do (did) have the issue with my Aspire V5-471 laptop and "limited connectivity".

Like most people with this issue, my Wi-Fi would drop out every few minutes causing me to have to reset it.

I did come to this site and read maybe 50 to 75 post about how everyone has been having this issue for a very long time.

I also read all of the various "fixes" about why the hardware and the software need this or that. I read many posts about what to do to solve this issue, none of which seem to work according to the posts.

I just took the simple, effective, and inexpensive way to fix the problem on my laptop.

I am temporarily living in the Philippines but I am from Houston Texas. We have a place here in the Philippines that is a retailer of just about anything in the way of electronic small parts and accesssories and are located in most malls nation wide.

I went on their website and found what I wanted and went there and bought it that same day and completely solved the issue.

I bought a USB Wi-Fi Network Adapter. It cost me 290 Php which is about $6.00 US. I plugged it in, ran the enclosed set-up disc, then went to network connections on the control panel and TURNED OFF the internal network adapter and turned on the USA network adapter. It is a very small USB adapter that measures only maybe 1/2 inch (plus USB plug). 100% solved issue. If the internal network adapter is not working, and obviously has had problems for so long, stop using it.

I don't understand why anyone would spend hours and hours to solve an issue when for only a few dollars it can be solved instantly.

I hope this helps everyone.

Regards, Ron

Answers

• MDacerGuy
    MDacerGuy Member Posts: 39

Tinkerer

Options

because for one if you buy a new laptop wifi should work already by default

also the USB is a fix works of course but now you have a USB port taking up a spot all the time now

• ronv8917
    Options

This is an ongoing problem that has been aaround for a long time. I have seen posts from years ago about this problem. Yes, I agree that it should have been fixed by now by ACER, but it has not been fixed. I have seen too many "do this-do that" fixes only to read several lines down that it can't be done or various models, or that it doesn't work on various models.

My Aspire has 3 USB ports, two 2.0 and one 3.0 and I have never used all 3 at the same time. If someone really needs all 3 ports, then there are USB hubs for only a few dollars also available.

The main point here is that the problem should have beeen fixed and wasn't.......so, I took the easy way to solve the problem and the frustration all at the same time.

It sure is nice to sit here and NOT have to reset that stupid network adapter. I have other more important things to do with my time.

Take care.

• J114
    J114 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

I also had this problem a few months ago, and i fixed it successfully by downloading latest driver from acer support webpage. just went to a page for my model by entering serial number of my V3-571g, choosed the operating system from the list, and downloaded the latest wifi card drivers, and it fixed my problem.

Hope i helped.

• ronv8917
    Options

The way I understand the posts I read, that fix of downloading new or updated drivers did work for a lot of peope, but not all of us. Again, I am not a computer genius, but I'm guessing the drivers were model specific. I tried that twice and it didn't help me at all. Before and after results were exactly the same. I tried fom both the Acer site and from the site of the network adapter. I even tried a couple of generic drivers. That's pretty much when I got tried of trying and bought this new network adapter, which has not dropped out in four days now (compared to every 10 minutes before).

This discussion has been closed.