hi i need some help I want do buy a video card for my acer aspire 5750g mainboard JE50_HR

geoland09
geoland09 Member Posts: 11 New User

Hi i want to buy a better video card for my pc the mainboard is JE50_HR and I have the dedicated memory Nvidia GT 540m 2GB and I want to know a better video card compatible with this mainboard

pls help

Best Answer

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Welcome aboard, Geo. You're not having a problem with your video card; you're having a problem with your monitor. For the price you paid, you got a quad-core laptop with a powerful video card, but something else had to go in order to keep the price down (And yes, the savings were passed on to you).

Notebook Review is a reputable online review site, and this is what they say:

The used screen is a LGD0250 display with a maximum resolution of 1366x768 pixels.... It suffices for average multimedia and office use..The display can't really convince with a maximum contrast of 161:1 either, and remains among the majority of budget office and multimedia notebooks.

cd/m²
    cd/m²
    cd/m²

cd/m²
    cd/m²
    cd/m²

cd/m²
    cd/m²
    cd/m²

Distribution of brightness

The reproducible color spectrum also confirms that the installed screen is only average hardware.. . In comparison, the display is on par with cheaper notebook... This isn't actually important for the average consumer.

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

The video cards on notebooks are actually attached to the MB, not replacable socketable cards like you see ona desktop. I'm sure there's a way...if you're willing to spend WAY more thant he computers actually worth to upgrade the graphics on that machine but there isn't a new card to buy that you just replace the old one with and you have better graphics.

• geoland09

I'm willing to spend some money I know that but I hoped that i cann find something , and the good part is that i still  have warranty on the laptop and the modifications ar for free and is cheaper Smiley Very Happy that's why I want to change it before the warranty expires :d sow I cann buy a mainboard with a new video card but the mainboard need to match with the rest of the components from this mainboard :d

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Welcome aboard, Geo. You're not having a problem with your video card; you're having a problem with your monitor. For the price you paid, you got a quad-core laptop with a powerful video card, but something else had to go in order to keep the price down (And yes, the savings were passed on to you).

Notebook Review is a reputable online review site, and this is what they say:

The used screen is a LGD0250 display with a maximum resolution of 1366x768 pixels.... It suffices for average multimedia and office use..The display can't really convince with a maximum contrast of 161:1 either, and remains among the majority of budget office and multimedia notebooks.

cd/m²
    cd/m²
    cd/m²

cd/m²
    cd/m²
    cd/m²

cd/m²
    cd/m²
    cd/m²

Distribution of brightness

The reproducible color spectrum also confirms that the installed screen is only average hardware.. . In comparison, the display is on par with cheaper notebook... This isn't actually important for the average consumer.

• geoland09

Sow in order to use my video card at maximum I need  a better  display , it's true that the maximum resolution is 1366x768 and my display has the lowest points from widows sow to speak :d , I'm gonna  give this laptop to the warranty and pick another laptop  with better performance in everything and pay the diference, I think this is the best way Smiley Very Happy  and they let me ,sow Smiley Very Happy the luck is on my side Smiley Happy))).

I thought that I cann replace it but this is better that replaceing just the video card, I take a new laptop and this is considered like new sow the money I take from him is like from a new one Smiley Very Happy and pay the diference Smiley Very Happy.

• geoland09

And I did't think that the display is playing such  a big role in this but it is what it is sow I chage it :d

Thx a lot :d

This discussion has been closed.