cannot install windows acer aspire e1 510

Options
srimuk
srimuk Member Posts: 1 New User
I recently bought an acer aspire e1 510 it came preinstalled with linpus linux and uefi boot. Whenever trying to install windows 8 an error "your pc needs to be repaired the application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors. File:\windows\system32\boot\winload.efi Error code:0xc0000001 Press Enter to try again press F8 for Startup Settings Press Esc for UEFI Firmware settings" screen just flashes when pressing Enter or F8 returns to bios upon pressing Esc.
Then I ran the patch shell for the model released by acer and installed legacy bios after this when i ran in legacy mode it detected the boot device but failed to custom install windows 7 showing that "windows cannot be installed to this disk.The selected disk is of the GPT partition style"
I am wits end as I cannot install either version of windows and cannot use my laptop at allSmiley Sad;(

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

When you choose "custom install" on windows 7 installation options, on the next screen, you need to click on "drive options (advanced)"

here you can choose to delete partition, format partition.

you must choose the GPT partition and delete, then "new" and choose partition size and you will be ready to install Windows 7

I'm not an Acer employee.
This discussion has been closed.