aspire m5-583p battery really sucks! getting horrible battery life.

vividblu2020
vividblu2020 Member Posts: 17 New User

so hey, I'm actually having to charge the computer about two times a day. IM just using it to browse, and download things. My mom uses it too. She just browses everywhere. I have the brightness all the way up. But does that actually make a difference? I have the battery plan on "balance" I don't really have anything booting up. like any programs. i usually run two or three major apps at the time, and basic multi-tasking. Can someone give me Simi suggestions? The battery is suppose to get around 5 and half or 5 hours. And can I get a bigger battery? Like an extended battery? Again my model is aspire m5-583p6637.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Your computer's battery life may vary depending on product specifications, computer settings, and applications or features launched. The listed battery life is for individual battery packs tested with MobileMark 2007 in productivity test mode, and browsing websites via wireless connection. All batteries' maximum capacity will diminish with time and use.

Just because you do not have multiple programs running, I would check to see what programs that are running in the background. As far as putting the screen brightness to max, yes this can affect your battery life. The predefined power plans, i.e. performance, balanced, or power saver,  the brightness is actually turned down on the lesser power plans like balanced and power saver. This is because the brightness level can impact the battery life.

If I may ask, on a full charge how long does your battery last with your current day to day activies and settings?

• vividblu2020
    vividblu2020 Member Posts: 17 New User

well ive aonly had the computer less that a month. i usually use a computer for browsing, multitasking, and downloading things. my mom uses it just for browsing. the battery lasts about 3 hours, and most of that three hours im on it. so within 11 hours in the day. i have to charge it twice. i have brightness on full because, i like the screen quality. i have the plan on ballanced. but heres the thing, i am havivng difficulty using the computer. multitasking lags a lot. just swithcing from tab to desktop to application and so fourth. i had an hp that was 2.x ghz quad core 17 processer. but the guy said this would do fine for multitasking. im begining to think that an 17 core. or a 2.x instead of a 1.7 would be better for multi tasking. like i said i don't have really anything running on startup, and it's still slower. 

This discussion has been closed.