aspire e 15, how do i open the dvd/cd drive

zevdovklein
zevdovklein Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hello, I just bought an Aspire E15. There is a disk drive that I can see, but no button on it, nor is there any open/close program that I can find. Can someone please help me to open the disk drive?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    If you are on windows 8, press windows logo key + E
    On the DVD driver right click and select Open.

On some drivers, you just need to push it a little and it will open.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • IronFly
    Or you will find a little button on the middle of DVD front tray, just push it.
  • zevdovklein

Tinkerer

Thanks for the attempt. But i don't see any icon for a dvd tray. I am beginning to think there isn't one. But then the cut out on the side?
  • IronFly

can you please take a picture of the E15 side?

• perry4711
    perry4711 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

It may not have a drive. Some models only have a dummy in the drive bay. 

• zevdovklein

Tinkerer

I was afraid of that, but my wife showed me on the options paper that it has an optical drive. Unless that is part of the dummy set up. If that is the case, i will be pretty upset. I didn't even know to ask if a standard size laptop has one, i took it as a given they do.
  • perry4711
    perry4711 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

You can check easily by pulling it out. Whether drive or dummy, it is held by a single screw on the back. If you flip your laptop over and imagine a line from the middle of the drive bay towards the center, it is the first screw you encounter (pretty close to the middle, only slightly right of the center). Remove the battery, then remove the screw and gently pull the thingy out, and you will see whether it is just a drive-sized hollow plastic contraption or an actual drive. Btw, that is also the way to upgrade to a real drive as easily. You should be able to find a suitable slimline drive for 30 bucks or so.

• zevdovklein

Tinkerer

Thanks, i will definitely check that out when i get a chance. And i am prepping myself for what i think we all know by now: that i will need that upgrade.
This discussion has been closed.